By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nintendo Fanboy - November Results Was A Tough Blow To Sony

Maynard_Tool said:

Damn, what a freaking baby seriously. Just leave. If you don't like the "anti ps3 threads" just don't go in them. Is not like somebody is pointing a gun at you. Just, grow up dude.... Leo-j of course

Can't stand that ps3 is not doing how everyone, especially sony, was expecting and that LBH is not selling how people said it would sell..... issues my friend, issues

I'm not going to defend LBP to death, but I just want to know any new IP that has sold 1 million units in five weeks on the market this week.

Around the Network

One more thread like this, and Chad Warden will hang himself.

d21lewis said:
One more thread like this, and Chad Warden will hang himself.

I <3 Chad warden.

Who wants to play with a dil-do?

lolxD

DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Damn, what a freaking baby seriously. Just leave. If you don't like the "anti ps3 threads" just don't go in them. Is not like somebody is pointing a gun at you. Just, grow up dude.... Leo-j of course

Can't stand that ps3 is not doing how everyone, especially sony, was expecting and that LBH is not selling how people said it would sell..... issues my friend, issues

I'm not going to defend LBP to death, but I just want to know any new IP that has sold 1 million units in five weeks on the market this week.

Wii Music says hello.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
radioioRobert said:
DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Wii Music says hello.

Good.  I should have specified "Not on the Wii", lol, since Wii Fit also managed to do that.  ;)

But I think we could all agree that Wii Music, like LBP got lots of flak for low opening sales, amirite?

When I said what I said, I meant titles like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Endwar, and the like (all multi-plat by the way, while LBP is only on teh Trips.)

Around the Network

Im interested in this. I know its unfortunate that the internet is a popular networking device, that amplifies all success and failure to do with anything and anyone, but that's not the problem here. The problem is Sony made mistakes and MS got the ball before anyone noticed.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

DMeisterJ said:
radioioRobert said:
DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Wii Music says hello.

Good.  I should have specified "Not on the Wii", lol, since Wii Fit also managed to do that.  ;)

But I think we could all agree that Wii Music, like LBP got lots of flak for low opening sales, amirite?

When I said what I said, I meant titles like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Endwar, and the like (all multi-plat by the way, while LBP is only on teh Trips.)

I don't think you can be that selective, "show me any new IP that isn't more succesful than LBP that is more successful than LBP". You are forcing a zero answer to get a particular result.

Don't get me wrong, I think LBP will have a big userbase endgame. It will either sell to people who buy the system (even if is not a system seller, it's still great and should sell to people who buy the PS3), or Sony will bundle it worldwide in the future to force it to happen. I think it has done very well as a cute platformer on a system that does not do well with cute platformers. It has actually exceeded what I thought it would do.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Well, then show me a game that has been so HYPED. That has had a HUGE advertaisment campaing, with a huge budget. That was supposed to be yet another savior (ps3) and the GREAT HIT for this x-mas(overall), not only in the words of ps3 users, but sony itself. And that was even supposed to be the mascot for the brand (ps) and supposed to sell I don't know how much, according to ps3 users, because i don't really know how much sony was expecting it to sale (but i would bet they were expecting more) and it's bundle (now) in 2 regions (Japan since launch and Europe 2 weeks ago or so) and yet barely do a million in holiday season, not even being in the top 20 of the second month of sales in america, and knowing of course that it was launch in the last days of the previous month?

Despite the huge hype, the amazing reviews, the persistency in both sony and ps3 users.....

OF course, when im totally looking for you to not being even able to say a game, I can spin it they way i want to.

But im not arguing that, im arguing the fact of NOT meeting expectations. Despite the million (which is kind of odd according to NPD sales...) this game is not doing what people (users and sony) were expecting, that's my point. Im not saying one million is bad, or that the game is low quality....im talking about expectations.

Maynard_Tool said:
DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Well, then show me a game that has been so HYPED. That has had a HUGE advertaisment campaing, with a huge budget. That was supposed to be yet another savior (ps3) and the GREAT HIT for this x-mas(overall), not only in the words of ps3 users, but sony itself. And that was even supposed to be the mascot for the brand (ps) and supposed to sell I don't know how much, according to ps3 users, because i don't really know how much sony was expecting it to sale (but i would bet they were expecting more) and it's bundle (now) in 2 regions (Japan since launch and Europe 2 weeks ago or so) and yet barely do a million in holiday season, not even being in the top 20 of the second month of sales in america, and knowing of course that it was launch in the last days of the previous month?

Despite the huge hype, the amazing reviews, the persistency in both sony and ps3 users.....

OF course, when im totally looking for you to not being even able to say a game, I can spin it they way i want to.

But im not arguing that, im arguing the fact of NOT meeting expectations. Despite the million (which is kind of odd according to NPD sales...) this game is not doing what people (users and sony) were expecting, that's my point. Im not saying one million is bad, or that the game is low quality....im talking about expectations.

You're falling down the same path as lots of other people trying to negate the success of this game.

It's not about 'expectations', cause guess what?  No one on this site is an analyst, so if I predicted that it would sell 150 trillion units, it doesn't matter cause it's not my job to predict things correctly.  People want to call out 'expectation' and 'predictions' which are moot if you're no analyst.  Sony's only said that Sackboy would be the mascot, and this would be their biggest game of the year, and it would help push consoles, which it did all three.  It is the best reviewed PS3 game, it did push consoles (with the help of bundles), and Sackboy is everywhere.  You (not "you" but "you" as in people arguing it not meeting expectations) seem to base your expectations off of fanboys who are saying outlandish things, not about basing expectations off of sales of new IPs and sales for games on the PS3. 

Based off of sales of other new IPs and based off of sales of PS3 games, this game is doing horrible.  It's in week 7 and still over 100k worldwide and has moved 1.11 million units.  I'd call that a monumental success with other new IPs like Endwar, Mirror's Edge, and Dead Space not even being able to push that on both consoles. 

Basing this game off of fanboys expectations is going to get this argument nowhere fast, basing the games success off of the success of a new IP, from a relatively unkown company is what you should do.  The game isn't going off the charts anytime soon, and in a few months, lots of peopole (unfortunately, including yourself) will continue to eat crow, and try to hide behind using the expectations of fanboys. 

I'm not arguing this same exact thing ever again, since it's a broken record, and I'm trying to change, but the game is doing abso-tively fine.  Over 1 million sold and counting on the PS3 as a new IP is nothing to scoff at.  The game is successful, and that's all I'll ever need to believe.

radioioRobert said:
DMeisterJ said:
radioioRobert said:
DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Wii Music says hello.

I don't think you can be that selective, "show me any new IP that isn't more succesful than LBP that is more successful than LBP". You are forcing a zero answer to get a particular result.

Don't get me wrong, I think LBP will have a big userbase endgame. It will either sell to people who buy the system (even if is not a system seller, it's still great and should sell to people who buy the PS3), or Sony will bundle it worldwide in the future to force it to happen. I think it has done very well as a cute platformer on a system that does not do well with cute platformers. It has actually exceeded what I thought it would do.

You can accuse DMeisterJ of revising his challenge, but don't be ridiculous.  Excluding the Wii but including any such game on the PS3/360 is hardly being hyperspecific.  The Wii is just insane, not to mention that Nintendo games are doing particularly well as usual.  (And I could argue that they aren't "new" IP since they are in the Wii franchise which started with a previous game, Wii [edit:  Sports].)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!