By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the heck do people group the Game Boy line together for sales???

FYI the gameboy line consists of numerous, DIFFERENT systems. GB, GBP, GBC, GBA and more... Grouping these different systems released years after one another is like grouping the PS1, PS2 and PS3 together because they are backwards compatable! Implying that the PS consists of one console that has sold over 270 million units!!

Even vgchartz is doing it with their front page article and I'm sick of it. Way to spin numbers. GB isn't one system that has sold 118 million units, it's a bunch of systems that happen to share one name just like the PS line does. And those systems are counted seperately as far as sold units are concerned.

Around the Network

I don't believe people group the Gameboy Advance with the other Gameboys.

I tend to think of the Gameboy Color as being different from the Gameboy, but the Gameboy Pocket is really just like a slim PS2.

Still, combining GB and GBC sales is like combining ps1 and ps2 sales or Bravia and CTR sales. Ones a god damn color system with better specs and its own exclusive titles, while the other one is a black and white system.

I know the GBA was an entirely different system, but weren't the other Gameboys essentially relaunches of the same system? I mean, should PSP/PSP slim or DS/DS Lite or Playstation/ PSOne be classified as different consoles? HELL YEAH THEY SHOULD!!!

I'm high on gas fumes.

GB and GBC are the same thing just one's in color. If we split them up then we might as well split the different colors of all the consoles up, PS2 and PS2 slim should be split up, and all the different SKU's for 360 and PS3 should be split up.

Stop being silly.

Around the Network

You're arguing semantics, DTG. I tend to agree with you concerning the GameBoy Color, but that isn't going to change how Nintendo chooses to count the platform.

Zucas said:
GB and GBC are the same thing just one's in color. If we split them up then we might as well split the different colors of all the consoles up, PS2 and PS2 slim should be split up, and all the different SKU's for 360 and PS3 should be split up.

Stop being silly.

oh, you're right I forgot that phat psp and ps2 games were all in black and white and that some color ps2 games weren't playable on the former.

DTG said:
Zucas said:

Stop being silly.

oh, you're right I forgot that phat psp and ps2 games were all in black and white and that some color ps2 games weren't playable on the former.

Later releases of the PSP had more RAM, didn't they?

youd have to do that with the PS3 too...
one can play PS2 games, the other can't :(

DTG said:
Zucas said:

Stop being silly.

Alright then have it your way Burger King.  So what PS2 only sold 80 million under the phat one.  but I'm sure there were multiple colors of the console.  So what we'll just split it up 40/40.  Then for the other 60 million we'll split it up 30/30 for the slim.

Now PS1 we are just going to cut in half for no reason right now but I'm sure I can bullshit one later on.  PS3 versions will be split up into 5 and for now we'll assume it was even.  360 sales cut in 3.  Wii will stay the same though considering only one color and one SKU.  Finally split up the GB, GBA, DS, and PSP into all their versions and we are left with PS1 barely edging out Wii as best selling console.

Now before you really embarrass yourself I suggest you admit you were being silly and try and pretend it was a joke.