By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X play Reggie interview. Some good core games will announced at E3...

zleep said:
I'm not trying to be negative, but I hope that his core games aren't like the ones this year. He said Animal Crossing was the core game. I know it probably won't happen again, but I have my doubts now.

Even the upcoming E3 will be a disappointment there still October conference to look forward to

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Yes but October conference games are games that are going to be released in 2010. E3 games almost always get released the same year according to Nintendo's new strategy. Wii Music and AC were released this year. Punch Out and Sin and Punishment are 2009 games. So I pray for them to announce some good games at E3, but I gotta have my doubts after this year and that they explicitely said E3 was for the mainstream, not core like it used to be.

I hope it's not a wii music 2.

noname2200 said:
Deja vu?!

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
noname2200 said:
Deja vu?!

I've seen that too! Deja Vu all over again!

Around the Network
zleep said:
Yes but October conference games are games that are going to be released in 2010. E3 games almost always get released the same year according to Nintendo's new strategy. Wii Music and AC were released this year. Punch Out and Sin and Punishment are 2009 games. So I pray for them to announce some good games at E3, but I gotta have my doubts after this year and that they explicitely said E3 was for the mainstream, not core like it used to be.

Aw jeez, dont be pessimistic about it, Nintendo cant cater to casual gamers forever. And I mean FOREVER most of the people buying Wiis are gamers, casual and hardcore was just a marketing term, if not all of the shovelwares that developed by Ubisoft right now are million sellers.

Just wait, Ninty knew what theyre doing...

@celine-----> lolwut?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Yushire, I wasnt trying to be pessimistic, I only have my doubts. I know they have more games coming for next year :)

Wait have I understand right ?
Reggie said in that interview that Nintendo account for 83% of revenue of the $22 billion industry ( NA revenue industry forecast for the year I suppose ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I believe it when i see it.

zleep said:
Yushire, I wasnt trying to be pessimistic, I only have my doubts. I know they have more games coming for next year :)

though I think theyre holding with their 1st party projects to give way th third parties. Im impressed Reggie says about Madworld and The Conduit, and Ninty helping promoting Dragonquest X in the west. The only 1st party developed game made by Ninty for 2009 was just Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch Out

E3 2010- Tape runs out