By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wii Controller on the 360?

leo-j said:
...I thought the wii mote was innovative.. its just a controller that moves in 3 directions and shoots as if your trying to change the channel...nintendo are liars..

Are you desperate now?

Around the Network

Amazing. The controls look really nice. Actually, my idea for the perfect Wii fps setup is for the analog to strafe left and right. The turning would be done with the C button and the nunchuck. When you hold the C button, the nunchuck movement is locked to your character movement. The Wii pointer would be the fine tuning for the shots.

I didn't play any of the fps for the Wii. Has any of these games used the C+nunchuck to turn the character or are they all based on the wiimote?

EDIT: I hope some developers see this post and try it out.

Sqrl said:
I am not 100% clear on IP and patent law, but I do believe that there might be legal problems with a company developing 360 games for the Wiimote. Aside from that it would take a lot of 360 owners doing this to make it worth while for a company to even consider making a game.

I see what you are saying but then why MS is not attacking Sony and Nintendo about the motion controle as MS was the first one to release one to my knowledge.... and there is already a company doing a sixaxis like pad for XB.... which in my opinion is useless.... but hey everybody plays as he likes

Haha could you imagine Microsoft trying to support Wii remotes without Nintendo's permission? LOL.

I do agree however that it's neat to use Wii remotes on other things besides the Wii. I want to try to make a remote control airplane that uses a wii remote.

interesting. I think a 360 game would work best with a 360 controller though, as the same for Wii and wiimote. But, kinda neat.

Around the Network

So are they using the wiimotes CCD to actually control the movement, or are they still relying upon the accelerometers?

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

wangfoo said:
So are they using the wiimotes CCD to actually control the movement, or are they still relying upon the accelerometers?

From the Webpage:

"The heart of the entire library is contained in the WiimoteState object.  This object contains the state information of every  button, accelerometer, sensor, etc. of the Wiimote and attached extensions."

• IRState - Current state of the IR sensor
    • RawX1/RawY1/RawX2/RawY2 - Raw XY data from the Wiimote's IR sensor
    • X1/Y1/X2/Y2 - Normalized data from 0.0 - 1.0 on each axis
    • Size1/2 - Size of the dot seen by the Wiimote (only valid in IRAccel mode)
    • Found1/2 - Whether or not each dot is found by the Wiimote

They have youtube videos of hooking up their wii controller to the computer and playing Castle Wolfenstein, not really new. Though if it does prove better then the mouse for shooters i could see a lot of PC gamers buying just the wiimote. Seemed like the way Wolfenstein was set up though it was hard to look around with it.

I don't think games will be specifically designed for it...

But, someone will probably make a single, simple, plug-in USB device for the 360 that allows you to connect the Wii remote into it and maybe some software to configure the remote how you want... (button mapping and this motion = this xbox controller action)... Then, the ability to download profiles for popular games from xbox live marketplace.

That way there are no patent infringements, it is totally optional, and satisfies that Wii controller need in many people.

It is just another option. Not something I see a massive market for. But, for the gamer who likes the Wii controls, this would be a good way to get it if done right...

I also see them doing it for the PS3... It is a way that fans of 360 and PS3 can point and say, "if we want to, we can do it"...

NeoRatt said:
    I don't think games will be specifically designed for it...

But, someone will probably make a single, simple, plug-in USB device for the 360 that allows you to connect the Wii remote into it and maybe some software to configure the remote how you want... (button mapping and this motion = this xbox controller action)... Then, the ability to download profiles for popular games from xbox live marketplace.

That way there are no patent infringements, it is totally optional, and satisfies that Wii controller need in many people.

It is just another option. Not something I see a massive market for. But, for the gamer who likes the Wii controls, this would be a good way to get it if done right...

I also see them doing it for the PS3... It is a way that fans of 360 and PS3 can point and say, "if we want to, we can do it"...

As long as MS isn't supporting it etc Nintendo can't do much if people do this on their own.  But you have to realize just how much of a nich this is.  I mean my family thought I was super genius for connecting my Wiimote to my laptop to use as a remote when I play movies from my laptop on the TV. Normal people just don't think its feasible for someone without training to do this stuff.  Despite the fact that its really easy and you only need the ability to read a walkthrough.

To Each Man, Responsibility