By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 sales rising in Europe?

This week it sold more than the PS2

Around the Network

Starter Packs. Are you not familiar with them?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I work in a small game shop in Scotland - and I've definetly noticed a huge increase in interest because of the starter pack. We actually nearly sold out of PS3s last week.

Actually, everything's changing - people arn't really buying 360's and the Wii is ALWAYS in stock now. We even have preowned ones that no one is interested in. Anyway, a tiny little store in a tiny country is baerly an accurate representation...

If price was the same, Europe might have out sold the US by now.

O... ok muubam, in my local game store, I go inside for about 5 mins and 2 ppl go in asking for a wii. Well maybe it's different down here in england lol.

But we may become scotland seeing as our new prime minister is now scottish.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

@Ishy

We've had Wiis in stock since the start of July, though I'm not sure about other shops in my area. It sells well, like 3 or 4 a day depending (My town has less than 90,000 people). We're usually sent them in bunches of 12 every week and have onyl sold out once in the past month.

I'll maybe take a pic of our stock if I remember tomorrow

na dnt worry about it mate, i was just saying( i werent being sarcastic). Anyway I kno a scottish 'lass' whats the name of the area you live in m8?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

muubam said:
@Ishy

We've had Wiis in stock since the start of July, though I'm not sure about other shops in my area. It sells well, like 3 or 4 a day depending (My town has less than 90,000 people). We're usually sent them in bunches of 12 every week and have onyl sold out once in the past month.

I'll maybe take a pic of our stock if I remember tomorrow

It's fairly well known that the smaller European countries haven't embraced the Wii as much as the rest of the world has.  Not just that but 12 Wii's shipped in per week?  I know some stores in America that would kill to have that many gauranteed each and every week.

Even still I'm sure you're selling far more Wii's now than you ever sold of GC's.   

The rEVOLution is not being televised

That's good to hear....

Well, the UK is fanatical about gaming - but we seem to lean more towards things like GTA than Wiisports... which is why the PS3 had such a huge launch methinks.  People are very, very annoyed at GTA IV being pushed back.

The Wii it's self has done superbly here, but the market seems to be saturating. I think, anyone who wants one can just so easily order one from Amazon UK who almost always have them in stock.

We tend to get Wiis in packs of 6, between one and 4 times a week depending on supply. We're more likely to sell out of WiiPlay or Nunchucks before Wii consoles.

I come from Paisley(Glasgow) and am a "lass" myself...