By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A new console/handheld for 2009?

So we're gonna start a new year in a few weeks. 2009 will be a great year for SW releases, we already know that, but what about a HW release. The question is easy: do you think that a new console/handheld will be available or unveiled in 2009? Right now, I'm thinking about 4 things: a slim 360 (maybe), a slim ps3 (probably too early), a brand new psp (did anyone said TGS09?), a brand new nintendo handheld (maybe new gameboy).

Around the Network

well the dis has only just come out in japan and is releasing in europe and us next year so i dont think theyll annonce a new one this soon

I think we'll finally see a calm year.

No new 360, no new Wii. A "slim" PS3 is still way off even if it could possibly exist.

Microsoft will continue to try to make money, Nintendo will continue to reap crop after crop, Sony will continue to try to put out the housefire.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Not unless the Phantom finally launches.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

A slim PS3 is doubtful because Sony has more important things to do before that not to mention I would expect a slim ps3 to appear at the launch of the next 360 tbh. No need for a new Wii (ninty still cant make enough) or slim 360 (I remember reading a slim version would cause compatibility problems with peripherals like the hard drive). The Gameboy is dead and will not comeback. DS has taken its place. Only one i see realistically is PSP2.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Not unless the Phantom finally launches.

I came twice just thinking about it.

Ohhh...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Its very unlikely, certainly no complete new console, maybe there might be a resign, perhaps for the Xbox

Does the DSi count (for us not in Japan)? Maybe a PSP-4000? Otherwise, probably not.

Only console launch I can think about is a backward launch (ps2 backwards compatibility). I am still hoping for the mega duck 2, that one ruled.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

I really expect at least a new model of the 360 (possibly even a 720). The quickest way to increase sales now is to offer a new model that the early adopters will very likely run out and buy. Along with that, they can sustain growth with the current model in other market segments.

The DSi is Nintendo doing the same thing.