By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So how are 3rd parties doing on the wii as of present?

A big argument that I've heard alot from people that hate the wii is that only Nintendo makes any money off of it. I don't actually have any figures to refute or back such a claim, so how are 3rd parties doing on the Wii?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Not sure about most, but I know Ubisoft has stated they have been happy.

Most third parties haven't put enough effort into it for launch and are playing catch up.

Agree with RolStoppable...development has been positive but its going to be hard to de-throne Nintendo as the top publisher on that system considering most of and will be titles of Nintendo sells better than third parties....

HappySqurriel said:

Ubisoft:
Rayman Raving Rabbids (530,267)
Red Steel (398,601)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (88,863)

Atlus:
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (206,055)

Majesco:
Cooking Mama: Cook Off (152,060)

Activision:
Call of Duty 3 (322,191)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (248,504)
Spiderman: The Movie 3 (188,792)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (141,170)
Rapala Trophies: Pro Tournament Fishing (125,291)

Sega:
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (320,600)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (287,020)

EA:
Madden NFL 07 (386,601)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (335,017)
SSX Blur (115,064)
Need for Speed: Carbon (144,938+)
The Godfather: Backhand Edition (approx: 50,000)

Capcom:
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (230,575)

ATARI:
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (144,990+)

Konami:
Elebits (121,913+) 

This is from another post of mine, it is a list of third party game sales in North America of some of the highest profile Wii games. Most of the games have done fairly well and with European or Japaneese sales probably made the publishers very happy ...

Ubisoft have done well even tho the majority of their releases were turd.

EA is trying hard and i'm disappointed in godfathers flopping sales, and SSX blur's as well ( how much did they sell each, and was it enough to profit)

Activision did reasonably well TH:DJ.

Vivendi's first attempt Scarface charted quite well in it's first week in the UK chart, but dropped like a lead ballon.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

o cheers happy squireel, you got ww sales for those games???

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

one thing I like tho is that Suda51(no more heroes) hasn't compromised the production of no more heroes to cash in on high levels of wii fever, which shows it should be a great game as it's optimized to wii.

PS3:

Ishy said:
o cheers happy squireel, you got ww sales for those games???

All I know is that ww, both Red Steel and Rayman are over a million. Not too bad for a system that third party games don't "sell" on.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

thanks for the figures, squirrel. That does help.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Ye tru say gitanil

PS3: