By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the PS1/PS2 sucked and why the Wii rules. (Analogue sticks)

what in the blue F*** is this thread? the PS1/PS2 was all Hardware, Strong Software. the wii is all hardware, weak software(besides Nintendo titles). now hear ( or read) me out. the PS2 was unstoppable. it covered every genre, with strong amounts of Quality/Quantity. the wii is doing great, but it has the weakest selection of titles from this generation. ex. PS3 has Gran turismo, 360 has Forza, Wii has...Mario Kart?

Around the Network

Squilliam, I think your inflammatory title may have gone too far.

I remember trying to play Madden on PS2, it was a nightmare. I stuck to RPGs and other games with pretty simple control schemes. I almost never played games that required using all the shoulder buttons. I didn't even like using those on the SNES.

This isn't meant for the TC btw............

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

Do not make a foolery of the greatness that is PS1 and PS2!!!!

It's greatness "is" a Fact!

Around the Network

Wow.. if your telling me it took about 2 decades for you to figure out how to use the sticks then all I can say is im absolutely stunned that you can work a mouse well enough to come to this site...

hell even a keyboard should be a problem for you...

Ehh... my IQ has dropped enough for one day...

im going to sleep.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

I picked up console gaming very late (ps2 out, over 20 y/o) and from day 1 never really had any problems with the analogue sticks. Having played Guilty Gear XX on the PC a fair bit, I started it on the PS2 and thought it was a lot more comfortable.

The wii controls... are cool if there is a need or at least a use for them. And a true hassle if there is waggle for waggle's sake.

PS2 + PS1 = N64 + Saturn + GC + Xbox + NES + SNES + Genesis

Yes, everybody agrees with you.

I don't think I ever had any problems with analogue...Though I did come into gaming with the PS1. Wii was easy to use also. But I find, as a gamer, I pick up any controller and adjust fairly easily.

Yeah I also had some trouble adjusting to it... went from snes to n64.. analogue was quite hard to learn.. and don't forget that the playstation at first didn't had an analogue controller.. and crappy 3d games on the ps1 didn't help at all to learn how to use it properly.. If your first console was a ps2, late ps1 or N64 analogue seems more natural to you..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)