By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Well I got "Home", and WOW

Infamy79 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Infamy79 said:
DMeisterJ said:
It's Free.

I'm not going to defend this, but if you're going to criticize someone (or in this case, thing), being constructive with it goes over much better.

So I take it you'd enjoy a kick to your nuts as long as you didn't have to pay for it?

what a stupid analogy. Is a kick to the nuts suppose to be a service that someone might enjoy? Doubt it.

People pay for all sorts of weird shit

Plus I think I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than use Home

No one would rather be kicked in the balls than use home. Unless they are just trying to troll. Seriously, that statement is just ludicrous and idiotic. You haven't even used the application.

Around the Network

I remember when Home was first announced and Sony fans were saying it would be a selling point.

Kenology said:
I remember when Home was first announced and Sony fans were saying it would be a selling point.

I dont think anyone here said that. I think some have been looking forward to it.... but other than that you are probably grossly overexagerating

I read some comments about how the ps3 crowd was so much more mature, as compared to the xbl crowd of endless childish behaviour, so in that context, this video is extremely funny:

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/12/sonys-ps3-virtual-world-home-plagued-by-sex-fiends-video-sne

It's not general comment on the state of ps3 fanbase, but a snippet to show that every community has it's less desirable clients.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I can't log into HOME no matter what I do. It downloaded & installed just fine, but gives me an error code every time I try to log in. So my opinion is negative of it until I can actually check it out.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
frybread said:
You make it sound hilarious! I want to try it now.

Can someone link twesterm's rant? I think I'll make a compilation

A little late, I know, but this is a Home thread.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52627&page=1

But isn't second life popular? Whether you like it or not there are a lot of people who will use it just to meet others and that will not change. Casual gamers will love it and that market is big. As most things it can only be judged in a couple of years. It's like me with the NXE on my 360, personally i think it adds nothing and slows navigation down and is a waste of time but others (mainly M$ lovers) think it's the best thing since slice bread. At the end of the day it's horses for courses. Remember HOME is free and also optional so you lose nothing if you do not like it.

TKC-Muzzer said:
But isn't second life popular? Whether you like it or not there are a lot of people who will use it just to meet others and that will not change. Casual gamers will love it and that market is big. As most things it can only be judged in a couple of years. It's like me with the NXE on my 360, personally i think it adds nothing and slows navigation down and is a waste of time but others (mainly M$ lovers) think it's the best thing since slice bread. At the end of the day it's horses for courses. Remember HOME is free and also optional so you lose nothing if you do not like it.

Man, this is like the 5th time I referenced this in three days, but this PS news post once again states things perfectly:

There is already a growing school of Home apologetics, fostered by the same Order of Perpetual Masochism that lauded the rumble-free Sixaxis at launch and suggested, hilariously, that Lair and Heavenly Sword were videogames. They're under the impression that because something is free, this places it on some golden dais beyond censure. It's no virtue to give away something that no-one in their right mind would buy. Sony has no idea what this world is for, and that ambiguity infuses every simulated millimeter of it.

Second Life is successful because it's complete, has more options, and people can actually make money off of it.  Home offers none of those things.

And while it's fine that you may not like the NXE interface, you can't deny that it's just better overall.  It's cleaner and better organized and even allows you to use the old blades if you so wish.  You don't have to an M$ lover lover to appreciate that it is an improvement.  I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm just saying that it isn't hard to recognize it's an improvement.

-edit-

NOTE: I'm not compating Home to NXE here, I'm comparing NXE to the previous blades.  I have absolutely no intention of opening the Home VS. NXE can of worms.

@twesterm

I'm completely with you on this. It's the same thing I keep telling people, but I always get screamed at because apparently because the "PSN" is free, it can do no wrong in the eyes of fanboys.

For those of you who think free is always better, I have a free POS car that I can't seem to sell for even $100.00, so trade me your car that cost you money and you can take my free POS.... afterall, free is better, no?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

And while it's fine that you may not like the NXE interface, you can't deny that it's just better overall.

??? The NXE is simply the menu with some graphic bling and avatars right? So comparing it to Home is weird. Anyone who wants a clean and better organized menu will use the XMB. Which is much cleaner and better organized than the blades and even NXE, even if it still lacks some of the functionality.