By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA and Konami to announce major IP for wii for 2009

Soma said:
izaaz101 said:
Soma said:
zleep said:
Legend: Probably, it's a matter of time until these companies release good games on the Wii. Specially Konami but I believe they are coming anyways. They just made a safe guess or they really know something. At least the Ubisoft game was true.

ElebitsDewy's AdventurePro Evolution SoccerMarblemaniaMLB Power Pros / 2008Castlevania Judgment

Why this games are always forgotten?

I think Target Terror put a sour taste in everyone's mouth........

What? I thought that was the best (and worst) game of 2008!

Seriously, Konami has given very good support to the Wii, not AAA titles, but really good games, not like other third parties.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I totally agree. I especially enjoyed Power Pros and PES. But judging from sales, most people haven't played these games, and that's probably why they think Konami's been ignoring the wii (when they have actually been giving some support).

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 remake for the Wii!!!!! wOOt!

Burnout Wii!!

Timesplitters Wii published by EA done by Free Radical Entertainment!!!

Red Steel 2... (not so hot...)! But still!

Should be a good year then!

THE NETHERLANDS

Come on EA - bring on the Future Cop!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Man just announce Suikoden VI Konami I want game now ...

Oh come on, EA. Just do Magic Carpet Wii already. You've got the balance board, and Wii Motion Plus next year...

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

Around the Network
woopah said:

Even though 2009 is already shaping up to be an impressive year as far as the Wii goes, gamers might be able to look forward to more than originally expected.

Hidden within a recent IGN article is a brief mention of Konami and EA. It is explained that both companies have IPs for the Wii that fans will be ecstatic about when they are announced. “Wii owners can look forward to some exciting announcements from third-parties like Electronic Arts, Konami and Ubisoft. We know of at least two major EA and Konami IPs that Wii fans are going to flip over when they become official…”

can anyone guess what these IP are? hopfully the EA one isnt spore cos we already new about that

what fans? i hate to use the term but casuals or core?

personally im hoping for a new contra, castlevania or metal gear from konami that really push the wiis motion controls (motion +) and graphics to the max.

from ea road rash (imagine driving along and doing the motion of the weapon - great fun), and a new strike entry (desert strike). again really pushing the wii.

unfortunalty the ecstatic fans will prob be the casual crowd looking forward to more eledees and my sims.

EA: One of them is probably Wii Tennis. Boom Blox 2 could also be meant. Definitely not the Nascar game, since it says Wii owners will flip and IGN isn't a big fan of shovelware. Maybe an older hardcore IP.

Konami: Castlevania is already being made for the PS360, so that not. ZoE was rumored or another Kojima game (with Suda). The Metal Gear rumor could also be true.
Suikoden VI would be great and definitely an option. The series is too small for a HD budget and a spin-off is on DS.

OMG Snatcher 2 confirmed

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

woopah said:

Even though 2009 is already shaping up to be an impressive year as far as the Wii goes, gamers might be able to look forward to more than originally expected.

Hidden within a recent IGN article is a brief mention of Konami and EA. It is explained that both companies have IPs for the Wii that fans will be ecstatic about when they are announced. “Wii owners can look forward to some exciting announcements from third-parties like Electronic Arts, Konami and Ubisoft. We know of at least two major EA and Konami IPs that Wii fans are going to flip over when they become official…”

can anyone guess what these IP are? hopfully the EA one isnt spore cos we already new about that

what's that mecha from?