By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

Angel_DwK said:
well.. personally I think everyone is expecting waaaay to much from this...

you can't say it will sell millions based off of Wii sports sells seeing as how wii sports has been bundled for the last two years....

it all comes down to if the game is bundled with anything or not...

if its simply the game only then expect low sells...

im calling it now...

WSR will flop.. first month sales..

105 thousand world wide end of year... 305 thousand..

btw what exactly is M+.. I've never actually read anything about it and don't feel like lookin it up

It allows 1:1 movemenet... check this tech demo from a middleware dev... and then imagine that applied to sports game, sword games, etc...

That is a tech demo made just a few days after they got the Wii Motion Plus accesory. Just imagine how advanced is now.

Around the Network

You can't really be comparing mario to wii sports......... wow really?

ill admit wii sports was probably an interesting game when the wii came out.. maybe caused people to buy it after they saw it.. heard about it.. it was the perfect way to showcase the new controls and there wernt many must buy games on the wii till almost a year later..

but now there are a bunch of good games that take motion controls to another level..

this game just won't stand out.. theres nothing unique about it.. if the wii already comes with wii sports why buy another one?

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Angel_DwK said:

ill admit wii sports was probably an interesting game when the wii came out.. maybe caused people to buy it after they saw it.. heard about it.. it was the perfect way to showcase the new controls and there wernt many must buy games on the wii till almost a year later..

but now there are a bunch of good games that take motion controls to another level..

this game just won't stand out.. theres nothing unique about it.. if the wii already comes with wii sports why buy another one?

Yes, there is something unique: It will use Wii MotionPlus...

Why buy another one? Because it comes with the Wii MotionPlus accesory.

Angel_DwK said:

Yes there is absolutely nothing unique about a game that gets showcased on the today show, Appears in TV shows in the bacground, Is frequently seen on big screen projectors on TV, There is nothing Iconic about a game that is on the Oscars in front of the biggest TV audience on TV.

Whether you like it or not Wii sports is in fact linked to the Wii's popularity and vice versa. At this point Nintendo could make Wii S%t and it will sell. Super Mario Brothers was a pack in as well and that is where the comparision lie. However sonsumers will see Wii sports and than see WSR and they will buy the game is most of all this game si review proof.

The current Wiimote is good enough.. M+ won't be seen as a must have device by Nintendos fanbase... the casuals.

again.. theres nothing special about WSR.. it will less then 1 million LTD

Look at motorstorm.. it was bundled and sold millions.. a sequel came out.. wasn't bundled and flopped and people act surprised..

Predictions.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Around the Network

day one purchase

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Angel_DwK said:
The current Wiimote is good enough.. M+ won't be seen as a must have device by Nintendos fanbase... the casuals.

again.. theres nothing special about WSR.. it will less then 1 million LTD

Look at motorstorm.. it was bundled and sold millions.. a sequel came out.. wasn't bundled and flopped and people act surprised..

Dude believe what you want to, your believes are wrong though.

Well theres no way to say if my beliefs are right or wrong at this point.. there just beliefs.. what I believe will happen...

Believe me.. if WSR sells anywhere near 500 thousand the first week ill be the first person to admit I was wrong..

Predictions.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Coca-Cola said:
if it's $10 it'll sell alot.
If it's over $20, I don't it will.
I won't buy it unless it's $9.99

Dude, you're getting a game and a peripheral. Expecting that little is just not reasonable.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The game is not going to be selling under $40. I'm going to bet $50, especially since it will come with M+.

As for sales... yeah. I have high hopes for the game (so far, still need to see more). I'm predicting it will outsell Wii Fit for 2009, making around 10 million in the first year. At least 30 million lifetime.

Crazy? Maybe. I may change my mind if the game reveals itself to look less than what I think it will be, but for now, this is it.