By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

If Nintendo releases a standalone WM+ and a WM with a built in WM+ then it will hurt Wii Sports Resort sales. However, even if they do this it will probably still sell 10+ million.

Around the Network

It might sell. It's hard to say. Wii sports 1 was a pack in. Wii sports 2 is a standalone game. It might even suffer from sequel syndrome like brain age 2 that didn't perform as well as brain age 1. Who knows

i don't think it'll sell anywhere near what wii sports would've sold unbundled. but it'll certainly sell over 10 million i think cuz a lot of casuals will pick it up and a lot of traditional gamers will pick it up too both for the game and for the motion+. and this will be despite the motion+ being sold separately as well, which obviously has to be done so people can have more than one motion+ add-on. i imagine it'll cost $30-40 which is perfect, a twenty to thirty dollar game and 10 bucks for motion+.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

naw it will be flopzilla.

lol-

let me put it this way... this is the only game I ever EXPECTED it to sell over 10 million 6 months before it launches. Kinda weird huh... if this baby sells just 8 million I will think it has fallen short of expectations.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

reptile168 said:
It might sell. It's hard to say. Wii sports 1 was a pack in. Wii sports 2 is a standalone game. It might even suffer from sequel syndrome like brain age 2 that didn't perform as well as brain age 1. Who knows

um, Wiisports is well over 3 million in Japan and it is stand alone there.

this will be a better game than WiiPlay, and it comes with HW too.

Around the Network

if done right this could be AAA like quality i reckon. that would be sweet

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

well.. personally I think everyone is expecting waaaay to much from this...

you can't say it will sell millions based off of Wii sports sells seeing as how wii sports has been bundled for the last two years....

it all comes down to if the game is bundled with anything or not...

if its simply the game only then expect low sells...

im calling it now...

WSR will flop.. first month sales..

105 thousand world wide end of year... 305 thousand..

btw what exactly is M+.. I've never actually read anything about it and don't feel like lookin it up

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Angel_DwK said:

you can't say it will sell millions based off of Wii sports sells seeing as how wii sports has been bundled for the last two years....

In Japan it is a stand alone unit. It has sold over 3 million copies there. Plus there is a large group of people who bought a wii solely for this game. This is comparible to Super Mario Bros which was a pack in game in the US.

It is bundled with Motion + which is a piece of HW meant to improve motion sensing. So in your view this is a positive by you r statement.

It is not only a game see above

im calling it now...

Even if it flpops it will sell over a million but most likely even as a stand alone game you would be looking at 5-8 million without blinking....Wii Music this ain't.

btw what exactly is M+.. I've never actually read anything about it and don't feel like lookin it up

This is a gaming site. Motion plus is a HW periphial that allows for completely motion detection. games will include frisbee, fencing, jet skiing and so on.

Angel_DwK said:

im calling it now...

yep you called it

On topic.

This my very well be the biggest game of this gen when looking at sales. Of course the original wii sports will be the biggest but it will be discounted by many people because it is a pack in.

That said this will sell with or without a periphial. It will sell with many first time wii purchasers on day one of their purchases. It will have a masiive opening and it will have legs that few games could ever dream of.

Look at Wii Play only one or two decent games and no game can shake that well except for Wii Fit yeah how long until that falls of the charts but both of those games will not sell as much as WSR....Funny huh?