By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 = GEN , PS3 = N64 ... Wii = Wi?

All of these console comparisons end up falling on their faces. For all the similarities, there are also a lot of differences. Isn't it enough that the PS3 is the PS3 and the Xbox 360 is the Xbox 360?

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
All of these console comparisons end up falling on their faces. For all the similarities, there are also a lot of differences. Isn't it enough that the PS3 is the PS3 and the Xbox 360 is the Xbox 360?

well... this site is dedicated to Comparing... so... Don't think it will end...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

the PS3 is like the Xbox full of shooters that ppl buy, the NPD charts prove that:(

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

MontanaHatchet said:

You have to admit that the PS3's run is remarkably like the original Xbox.

The wii's gaming library doesnt touch the NES

mM
Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MontanaHatchet said:

not excatly my friend. i see it as PS3 playing catch up, shooters are very popular right now there trying to grab the shooter audience and migrate them to the PS3 since the original PS audience didn't give a crap about shooters back then.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Wii is like the NES. A revolutionary console that is changing the games should be play

Xbox360 is like the Genesis. A very cool "testosterone games" console

PS3 is like a mix of the N64 and the Saturn. The consecuences of Sony's pride.ed.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MontanaHatchet said:

The Xbox's strongest territory by far was America, and even there, it had a pretty poor performance. Doesn't sound much like the PS3 to me. Of course there are some similarities, but there are always a lot of differences as well.

Sega4Life: Actually, it's dedicated to sales.

leo-j said:

and why not? we are talking after 2 years here. The wii is getting DQ, nes had dq... FF is the only thing missing really. But the has the Wii series. SMG is an incredible, it is 3d so it is hard to compare to SMB3.... but i would say in quality they are in the same leauge.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
leo-j said:

and why not? we are talking after 2 years here. The wii is getting DQ, nes had dq... FF is the only thing missing really. But the has the Wii series. SMG is an incredible, it is 3d so it is hard to compare to SMB3.... but i would say in quality they are in the same leauge.

Heh.

I was thinking about something when I checked the recent games on metacritic for the Wii...how long has it been for the #1 console seller to not have a big game during the entire holiday season? I'm talking going on 3 months now. I suppose you can count Animal Crossing but the reviews don't back that up. I find it really odd.

Also, I find it hilarious that your defense is "the NES has DQ, the Wii has DQ!" I think it's a little more complicated than that. Also, as other have said, it was pretty much expected that DQ would be on the Wii due to the graphical style of the game. FF had to advance graphically. I doubt the main series goes on the Wii.

Edit: how about Contra, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Gauntlet, Genghis Kahn, Ghosts n' Goblins, Gradius, Lemmings, Mega Man 1-6, Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Paperboy 1-2, Pirates!, Prince of Persia, Q*bert, Rampage, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1-2, Rygar, Shinobi, Skate or Die, Metal Gear, Smash TV, Street Fighter, Strider, 3 Mario games (although I only count 2 and the Wii will get a 2nd), TMNT 1-3, Ultima 3-5, Wizardry, and all the sports games that were the best at the time like RBI Baseball, Wayne Gretsky, Super Tecmo, etc. The Wii isn't going to have the best version of sports games.