By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Awesome !!! Final fantasy 13 & Versus 13 Trailer .

If Noctis was any cooler he'd be frozen

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

OMG I am truly sh*tting my pant's right now, 09 realease (for Japan, but still should make it to America early 2010 and should stay PS3 exclusive for Japan :D), Versus looks f*cking amazing, definitely a PS3 exclusive. I don't think I blinked once durring both them trailers.

By the end of both videos I was giggling like a little school girl because I was so happy and excited! :D

Do you consider Christmas early?
After the Japanese release SE has to localize the game and make the 360 port. In SE's normal pace I think a year should be possible.

Euphoria14 said:

I thought Gameplay day was today! For some reason Dec. 12th and FFXIII/VXIII has been etched in my mind for a couple weeks.

S-E always letting me down lately.

Probably because Dec.13th in Japan (which is right now) is the release of a DVD from SE that contains over 50 Minutes of trailers etc. of FFXIII and Versus

hopefully it's on the internet when I wake up tomorrow

I had out of sync sound on the XIII trailer. But both trailers were still awesome. I'm looking forward to these games so much. But really, we need to see some gameplay. If the trailer for XIII say 09 release, then hopefully we'll see some soon.

it always appeall to me more XIII than versus, but after watching those two videos i say that now versus is more appealing to me than XIII.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Gilgamesh said:

OMG I am truly sh*tting my pant's right now, 09 realease (for Japan, but still should make it to America early 2010 and should stay PS3 exclusive for Japan :D), Versus looks f*cking amazing, definitely a PS3 exclusive. I don't think I blinked once durring both them trailers.

By the end of both videos I was giggling like a little school girl because I was so happy and excited! :D

Do you consider Christmas early?
After the Japanese release SE has to localize the game and make the 360 port. In SE's normal pace I think a year should be possible.

Actually it seems pretty plausible, there officially releasing the first demo with the Blu-ray Advent Children movie in March of 09, and the full game usually comes out a month or two after a demo, so lets say it's release in June or July for Japan (3-4 months after the demo), and Square-Enix usually takes 5-10 month's to translate a game, Final Fantasy XII took 7 months to bring it over to America, so 7 months from June or July is January or February of 2010.

Edit: And there making the X360 port the same time as the translation of the PS3 version so that it's released the same time.

Yeah but they must work on 360 after that.

I say August 13th will be released Japan version.
December 23rd will be released NA version. Yet, NA version could be released even earlier, during November-December.

Come on, IU, LR were released very fast since japanese release, unless they will be delaying FFXIII because of x360 port, i see NA version coming in late 2009, but without x360 version. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
I say August 13th will be released Japan version.
December 23rd will be released NA version. Yet, NA version could be released even earlier, during November-December.

Come on, IU, LR were released very fast since japanese release, unless they will be delaying FFXIII because of x360 port, i see NA version coming in late 2009, but without x360 version. =)

The western releases are going to be simultaneous, so that's not happening.

Everything could change.... =)
Alone in the dark was planned to be released on PS3 at same time with other versions, yet, it was released later.
Time will show, But i won`t suprised, if i will see, wester release to get released first on PS3 and not simultaneous. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far