By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many PS1s and PS2s have been sold?

A shitload.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

PS2- 135m +/-
PS1 - 110m +/-

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

And the PS2 is still growing slowly

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Nintendo were fairly certain they could beat PS2 sales, a bold statement indeed, especially for a console not designed to have long lasting appeal with basically no modern technology.
135 million is just... incredible.

more ps1's and ps2's have been sold then there are atoms in a glass of water.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Nintendo were fairly certain they could beat PS2 sales, a bold statement indeed, especially for a console not designed to have long lasting appeal with basically no modern technology.

Man am I tired of this argument. What exactly is "modern" technology? Is there a cut off point where a specific proces speed is not "modern" anymore? The things get newly produced is this now "modern" or not? if I buy a new laptop with XP on it, is this now not "modern" anymore?

By this argument, any low end laptop is not "modern" anymore. Why then do they sell shitloads compared to their "modern" more expensive counterparts?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Mummelmann said:

Man am I tired of this argument. What exactly is "modern" technology? Is there a cut off point where a specific proces speed is not "modern" anymore? The things get newly produced is this now "modern" or not? if I buy a new laptop with XP on it, is this now not "modern" anymore?

By this argument, any low end laptop is not "modern" anymore. Why then do they sell shitloads compared to their "modern" more expensive counterparts?

They sell more because they're cheap, that's the prime concern of casual and impulse buyers. And by modern I mean advanced 3D processing with several cores and/or full HD support.

I meant no disrespect to Ninty, but I find it hard to believe they will achieve this, especially since they hinted themselves that the Wii's lifespan would be significantly shorter than the "competition" and a sequel quicker to emerge.

As for the laptop part of your post; imo a low-end PC of any kind is hardly as modern as a high-end, since newer hardware=more power. My PC, which I built in september last year, is hardly modern anymore with only 2 cores and an X1950XTX.

PS: Are you for or against Vista? I still use XP, and will use it as long as I can. But here in Norway EVERY single computer on sale today has Vista Premium or Home, so the only way to avoid it is to buy and build yourself!