By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My experience with the Home Beta (an essay and a half, sorry guys :D )

Yeah the communication is a BIG part of home, so if you allow yourself to talk around, you'll have a ton of fun with it :) There are some awesome people out there :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
The Fury said:

Okay, I'll give you that. 6:30 in the morning and it is readable just filled with text talk.

Official Headset is £20 in places, does anyone know if it can double for a phone bluetooth headset as well?

Yes it can.

I was thinking of getting one if I get SOCOM, but I really want the Chat-pad. I'd use that much more, like when I'm internet browsing.

Getting it with SOCOM is an option but that's not out here until January while the headset is out now. And I think it would be cool to have a bluetooth headset that has Playstation logo on it whether using it for PS3 or phone, instead of some crap madkatz or whatever.

The keypad is the same price but can only be used for the PS3...right? And I'm pretty quick at typing with the onscreen keyboard and controller anyway.

Hmm, pie.

I'm liking Home too, on the US servers though, even if you can log on to the EU servers, there's nothing to see :D

Interesting. A completely different take than twesterm's. Glad you enjoyed it. Guess Home will appeal to different people differently.

Yah home is awesome. I played a ton of bowling and pool and got three friend requests. lol. I guess I'm a nice guy after all..... >_>

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

I just like chatting to all the people who don't have headsets :D It's awesome!

I walk into a crowd. "Can anyone hear me?"
A bunch of them text "yeah, yup, yes, sure can"
Me "Awesome! It's cuz I have a headset :D" LOLOLOL
I get a bunch of "sigh, yeah yeah, I'm workin on it!" type of stuff xD

And think about it this way, even if you hate home, which is understandable, you can go find someone else in home, that hates it, and you guys can talk, in home, about how much home sucks LOL

I went onto Home for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Me and my girlfriend were laughing hard at some of the responses you get from the community there, now I can only imagine it being so much larger.

I made a character that looked like me and played some Pool, which was fun but I wanted to do something even more fun. We both decided we should make an overweight character (we went with a female) and choose the UGLIEST facial features, clothing, etc... available on Home. Our chick literally looked like a Gorilla.

We went back to the Bowling alley, walked over to a lane and just stood between a group of people who were trying to converse. I start up my pop dancing and ask everyone around if they would like to hang out with an avatar as sexy as mine.

Didn't take long before we heard the "OMFG! That bitch is fucking ugly". We would go to the Plaza and dance, I would say "Let's all do the Running Man", then listen to a response of "Only running we should do right now is running away from the monster over there".

Seriously, home and be so much fun if you want it to be.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@Euphoria, my roomate made a character that looked like a bald/homeless/old/pedophile :D He would just follow people LOL. Not say a word, just follow them @_@

The responses he got were hysterical LOL

Sounds like you enjoyed it. That's good because the first user feedback I read here was from Twestern...and he hated it pretty hard. I hope my first impressions are good.

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Euphoria, my roomate made a character that looked like a bald/homeless/old/pedophile :D He would just follow people LOL. Not say a word, just follow them @_@

The responses he got were hysterical LOL

I think so many are going to try and write off Home without seeing how much fun it can really be.

Following people is great! So is just barging into someones conversation and doing the "casual" dance on them with a character so damn ugly. If you casual dance next to someone you look like your grinding on them. Imagine if they are sitting down at the bowling alley!

Awesome response for that one. LOL!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!