By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How bad has square enix been for sony this gen

It you havent heard Final Fantasy XIII has gone multiplat.

Which is a joke, i mean square enix might as well have slapped Sony in the face. I know its a business move and now xbox will get to see why playstation used to dominate. But i mean all sony has ever done is make square money. But the real reason i am writing this is to get some opinions on how bad this move is for sony. I mean obvioulsy FFXIII will sell double or triple on PS3 and have better graphics, etc as it was originally made for Ps3 but how much has sony lost here? And FFXIII Versus is probably on the way, because we all know how believeable Square is. Maybe while White Knight Chronicles will save the RPG genre for PS3

Around the Network

FFXIII will sell just as much if not more on xbox 360, they have a larger userbase.

Square hasn't been bad to sony, they've been good to themselves.

well square hasnt been that bad at all......... i can only think of 1 game that came on 360 1st and thats last remnant

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Not another one of these threads. *sigh*

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Around the Network

@draik you are sorely mistaken. The 360 doesnt even scratch the surface of a userbase for RPG, i mean it will sell, its FF but really? More than PS3? Check out the 280K that the last remnant sold on the 360. everyone knows that the 360 has the FPS but Sony has the RPGs come on. Games like devil may cry 4 went multiplat and tomb raider but both have roots on the Playstation and as a consequence sold more on the PS3

Lurker said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I totally agree. Wada must commit public sudoku! For glorious Nippon!

Gatorgamer88 said:
@draik you are sorely mistaken. The 360 doesnt even scratch the surface of a userbase for RPG, i mean it will sell, its FF but really? More than PS3? Check out the 280K that the last remnant sold on the 360. everyone knows that the 360 has the FPS but Sony has the RPGs come on. Games like devil may cry 4 went multiplat and tomb raider but both have roots on the Playstation and as a consequence sold more on the PS3

What rpg's are we talking about for the ps3? The ones the xbox 360 has aswell (and more)?

I own a ps3 and a wii, I just think it was a logical move from square.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFVII, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFVII for Playstation or you can kiss your business goodbye.

draik said:
FFXIII will sell just as much if not more on xbox 360, they have a larger userbase.

Square hasn't been bad to sony, they've been good to themselves.

No - it will sell more on PS3 guarenteed. Maybe not in the US or EU, but overall it will because it is exclusive in Japan and final fantasy always sells the most in Japan over any other region.