By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Responds To NPD Results

JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:
My favorite part is where they say they continue to dominate the top ten spots with 3 while Wii has 5 haha. Oh and how it also says it sold more than PS3 and PS2 combined. Haha if only Nintendo did comparisons. Just love PR... they are fun.

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

Wich proves what exactly? try and compare the top 100 and you will e huge advatage for the Wii. but then again that wouldn't be something they could "Spin".

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Microsoft are so confident it hurts!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@ gebx - that woman has some cute shoes. I'd buy my wife a pair.

OT - I like my 360, but goodness, they are acting like it's beating on the Wii's backdoor. LOL.

JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:
My favorite part is where they say they continue to dominate the top ten spots with 3 while Wii has 5 haha. Oh and how it also says it sold more than PS3 and PS2 combined. Haha if only Nintendo did comparisons. Just love PR... they are fun.

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

I'm waiting for a point.

With $298 million in third-party game sales in November, the Xbox 360 has generated more revenue at retail for third-party publishers than the PS3 and Wii combined this generation. (November NPD data)

When you realize that MS is including an extra year's sales into that statement (2005-2006) it loses a lot of it's impressiveness. But there's no denying that the 360 is a software selling beast.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
With $298 million in third-party game sales in November, the Xbox 360 has generated more revenue at retail for third-party publishers than the PS3 and Wii combined this generation. (November NPD data)

When you realize that MS is including an extra year's sales into that statement (2005-2006) it loses a lot of it's impressiveness. But there's no denying that the 360 is a software selling beast.

Selling boatloads of software every month and a lower profile on software sales compared to Nintendo doesn't mean jack, of course...

It's fun how the one-year-advantadge has turned into a catch-all excuse for whatever good the platform and its owner do.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

That's pretty pathetic for the 360 considering that its second largest exclusive just released.  Face it, the 360 and PS3 will continue to be thrashed by the Wii for the remainder of this generation.

whatever said:
JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

That's pretty pathetic for the 360 considering that its second largest exclusive just released.  Face it, the 360 and PS3 will continue to be thrashed by the Wii for the remainder of this generation.

Hey, it's outselling in software sales a console with a bigger userbase. There's no way to spin it negatively...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
whatever said:
JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

Hey, it's outselling in software sales a console with a bigger userbase. There's no way to spin it negatively...

say what? you got to be kidding me, the only thing it proves is that they only have a extremly few games that sell while the rest do not.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
whatever said:
JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:

Top Ten Sales By Console

XBox360 - 3,380,000

Wii - 2,902,000

PS3 - 982,000

say what? you got to be kidding me, the only thing it proves is that they only have a extremly few games that sell while the rest do not.

No, you must be kidding considering the last good game to release on the Wii was Smash Bros. back in March...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"