By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Holy Left 4 Dead Gameplay Blowout, Batman!

Morgyn said:

Yeah, about 10 8 hours before you posted this. In the "Portals" thread.

I'd also like to recommend Zombie Master, a mod for HL2DM. This will satisfy your zombie lust till L4D hits the stores.

Oh, well trust me, I knew about the glory of this game long before you said anything :P

I tried Zombie Master for a couple minutes...wasn't my cup of tea, but I should have given it more time.  It was at a LAN, and Gears looked more fun than Zombie Master at the time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

The action in that looks pretty intense (I LOVE zombie games) but the only thing that bothers me are the areas you have to use flashlights. Someone else brought this up but I completely agree that forcing flashlight use can just be really annoying sometimes. I suppose it's cool that since the zombie player can knock out lights to force the darkness helps that in that it's part of the gameplay, it still just bothers me sometimes.

Still though, the game looks awesome and can't wait to play. I really liked how they made it so you can see your buddies through walls, seeing the zombies climb, and watching that one zombie try to grab at you through the door.

Are there videos showing the zombie player play?

BenKenobi88 said:

Oh, well trust me, I knew about the glory of this game long before you said anything :P

I tried Zombie Master for a couple minutes...wasn't my cup of tea, but I should have given it more time. It was at a LAN, and Gears looked more fun than Zombie Master at the time.

Aww go on, give me a little credit (If only that our back and forth brings people into the thread and see's the gameplay videos)

ZM is loads of fun with a few likeminded friends, I've been running one for a while but it needs updating, playing far too much gungames atm. 

twesterm said:
The action in that looks pretty intense (I LOVE zombie games) but the only thing that bothers me are the areas you have to use flashlights. Someone else brought this up but I completely agree that forcing flashlight use can just be really annoying sometimes. I suppose it's cool that since the zombie player can knock out lights to force the darkness helps that in that it's part of the gameplay, it still just bothers me sometimes.

Still though, the game looks awesome and can't wait to play. I really liked how they made it so you can see your buddies through walls, seeing the zombies climb, and watching that one zombie try to grab at you through the door.

Are there videos showing the zombie player play?

I think there might be a minute or so of footage out there...I forget.  Nothing too long yet.  I think we've seen the Smoker in action...I don't think any others yet.

I want to see what it's like to be the Hunter...gotta be crazy fast.  Of course being the Boomer or Tank would rock as well.

I wonder how often the Director lets you be a Tank in a game...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg1

A very detailed description of playing as both the Survivor side, the Infected side, and how the Director works.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network

The gameplay in this one looks insane, all the zombies running around is just crazy. I would like to see Infected gameplay tho. :P

Oh, and I forgot about The Witch...I really want to see what that's like...probably horrifying I'm sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Whooo Hooo. Zombies!!!! Brrraaaaiiinnnnsss

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

If you're interested in at least what it's like to be Infected, the preview talks in-depth about it starting here: http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg10

Sorry for spamming links...I just think if you're remotely interested in the game, you should definitely read that preview.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

The concept of the witch is the only one that really unnerves me. Having to creep past this slumbering monster when hoards of the undead are creeping ever closer.

I'm having palpitations sitting at my desk just thinking about it...