By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA building up for strong 2009, happy with performance on Nintendo system

Legend11 said:
WiiStation360 said:
Wait, aren't all 3rd parties supposed to blame Nintendo for their games not selling well?

Well if all third parties got to use Nintendo's main mascot to help their average game have incredible sales then they wouldn't be complaining either.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with all their other IPs.  My prediction is that they won't even come close to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games' sales.

Did you miss the part where S&tSR has almost sold 2 million so far, or are you just trying to be a troll?

The sales don't have to turn up numbers like Mario & Sonic, that's not even the point. The point is they're very profitable and Sega is happy with the sales.

Around the Network

port HOtD3 and make part 4 for Wii.

then the next year remake (release the originals as part of the package too) Virtua Cop 1&2 and the subsequent arcade releases too.

then there's all those Saturn fighters to re-release.

I think Daytona USA Wii could be huge, where's all the speculation for that title, hmmmmm?

Jet Grind Radio is the big one that people want to play, online too, it'll probably be multiplat, and since it's only surpassed by like Shen Mue 3 on an anticipation scale, they might wait this one out.

re-release Shen Mue 1 & then later 2 for Wii and build towards part 3, it could use a sameish engine that the Dreamcast originals used.

Virtual ON, multiplat probably...may'be Wii.

PANZER DRAGOON WII - and do Wii-makes (include originals) as well.

Phantasy Star Online DS is coming, may'be the Wii version will come after that, heck they made a Gamecube version, the only online gamecube games...may'be just reopen those servers and start selling a Wii-make..???

ummm..

Skies of Arcadia like the dude/s before me said...Valkria Chronicles loooks nioce, but it be better on Wii...cause i don't think it's worth it to get a PS3 for one game.

Sonic Wii ware, new Gunstar Heros Wiiware/or retail, still haven't played Guardian Heros....or any Shining Star games.

Gun Grave, a few new games in that series would make me happy.

Hundred Swords...Sega Gaga...

Chu Chu Rocket Wiiware / DS

TOE JAM & Earl ... Streets Of Rage new....Golden Axe not beast Rider..

Sega GT could be the Gran Turismo of Wii

I dreamt Power Stone Wii last night.

Out Run...

k. I was..just listing...there's a lot of great Sega games franchises....almost enough for a console may'be :) Jk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Studios_%26_Video_Games

imagine being in charge of that game library.

Bring it... give me my new Phantasy Star and Shining Force.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Wiintendo said:
port HOtD3 and make part 4 for Wii.

then the next year remake (release the originals as part of the package too) Virtua Cop 1&2 and the subsequent arcade releases too.

then there's all those Saturn fighters to re-release.

I think Daytona USA Wii could be huge, where's all the speculation for that title, hmmmmm?

Jet Grind Radio is the big one that people want to play, online too, it'll probably be multiplat, and since it's only surpassed by like Shen Mue 3 on an anticipation scale, they might wait this one out.

re-release Shen Mue 1 & then later 2 for Wii and build towards part 3, it could use a sameish engine that the Dreamcast originals used.

Virtual ON, multiplat probably...may'be Wii.

PANZER DRAGOON WII - and do Wii-makes (include originals) as well.

Phantasy Star Online DS is coming, may'be the Wii version will come after that, heck they made a Gamecube version, the only online gamecube games...may'be just reopen those servers and start selling a Wii-make..???

ummm..

Skies of Arcadia like the dude/s before me said...Valkria Chronicles loooks nioce, but it be better on Wii...cause i don't think it's worth it to get a PS3 for one game.

Sonic Wii ware, new Gunstar Heros Wiiware/or retail, still haven't played Guardian Heros....or any Shining Star games.

Gun Grave, a few new games in that series would make me happy.

Hundred Swords...Sega Gaga...

Chu Chu Rocket Wiiware / DS

TOE JAM & Earl ... Streets Of Rage new....Golden Axe not beast Rider..

Sega GT could be the Gran Turismo of Wii

I dreamt Power Stone Wii last night.

Out Run...

k. I was..just listing...there's a lot of great Sega games franchises....almost enough for a console may'be :) Jk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Studios_%26_Video_Games

imagine being in charge of that game library.

You sir made me smile today. Thank you. no homo...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

nintendo_fanboy said:
senortaco said:
woopah said:
thing is those games are getting quite close releases. Madword and HotD in February, sonic and the black knight in march followed by conduit in february. i thinkbleach versus crusade is coming Q2 as well

I agreed! They are hoping that by each being in a different genre it won't matter but I'm not sure. Also with the releases that Sega has coming out is also why I didn't want to see Deadly Creatures moved to Feb. Oh' 9...

Well but since Nintendo is leaving the first half of 2009 quite blank and other companies aren't delivering too much either, it is not so bad I think. It might result in one game not meeting expectations, but not all since those games are quite high in a lot of most wanted lists, and three or four games in a quarter is possible for most people interested in those games.

Aye I see your point, but you just reminded me of something...Isn't Punchout Wii suppose to be out around Feb-Marchish time?

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

Sega just needs a healthy, yearly balance of re-releases/remakes, new installments in established franchises, and new ip's, (and liscensed garbage/shovelware..jk.)

stumbled upon this -

http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-welcome-segas-next-level

We are recognizing that Sega needs to find the right magic between new IP, Sega’s classic IP and licensed properties. We understand that all three of these in the business condition of today’s industry require us to invest in great developers and work with them to build those properties. That’s why we’re working with Obsidian, Gearbox and Silicon Knights and these triple-A track record developers. How we see us getting to the promised land is [making] great content, either new or existing in some form or fashion, and working with great developers who have a passion for that content. Perhaps it’s content that they’ve come up with that we’re helping build together.

In a very distilled kind of way, those are the elements that we think will get us to the promised land of being a top publisher again.

Yakuza 3 for me.

PSN - hanafuda

good article man, also off topic does anyone here have sonic unleashed , and is it any good?

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Sega just sucks at releasing high quality games. I did like Viking, though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

As a developer they're nothing like they used to be, but as a publisher they've partnered with some great developers lately - we need Altered Beast 2!! Make it happen Sega.