By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks FFXIV will come to wii?

Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
11ht11 said:
Shadowblind said:

right...

Anyway, I doubt it. A huge part of the Final Fantasy main series is the graphics and presentation.

so why werent the final fantasys last gen on the xbox or cube?

PS2 was more than capable of amazing graphics for it's time. Wii is not.

Plus, FFXIII is already on the HD consoles. Motion control adds nothing to RPG's. Why anyone would want FFXIV as a Wii exclusive is beyond me. It'd be a step backwards in every way imagineable.

Except for story, characterization, writing, music composition, and surplus of financing spent in order to improve upon the aforementioned.

Yes, there are definite advantages to being on a weaker platform.

Indeed.  I mean... with most games sure they'll just cut most the budget and say "fine" but when it comes to the big name games.  They gotta be good which means the money is going to be spent.

If it can't be spent for the easy "Hey look everythings shinier and flashier" effect... that means they actually have to improve something else.

Around the Network

So... if FFXIV came to Wii, we're worried that, what? Gamesites like IGN would score it an 8 or something on graphics? I mean, SE would still ensure that the graphics were tight "for the Wii," right? And everything else could be as stellar as on any other system, so the game could still score in the high 90s, etc.

And... since Wii owners almost by definition aren't obsessive about graphical capabilities, the game could sell very well... in fact, if SE approached things in the right way, and tapped into Nintendo's Blue Ocean philosophy, they might introduce an entire new market to their flagship brand which... would be good for JRPGs?

In short, it could still be a kickass game and sell millions of copies. So, I don't see why it would be traumatic or anything to have a true Final Fantasy come to the Wii.

nah, probably just FF spin offs...may'be a new Tactics game, may'be an online game, or both?

RolStoppable said:
donathos said:
So... if FFXIV came to Wii, we're worried that, what? Gamesites like IGN would score it an 8 or something on graphics? I mean, SE would still ensure that the graphics were tight "for the Wii," right? And everything else could be as stellar as on any other system, so the game could still score in the high 90s, etc.

And... since Wii owners almost by definition aren't obsessive about graphical capabilities, the game could sell very well... in fact, if SE approached things in the right way, and tapped into Nintendo's Blue Ocean philosophy, they might introduce an entire new market to their flagship brand which... would be good for JRPGs?

In short, it could still be a kickass game and sell millions of copies. So, I don't see why it would be traumatic or anything to have a true Final Fantasy come to the Wii.

Of course you would say this, but then again you are clearly NOT a Final Fantasy fan in the first place.

Wait, what's wrong with a "main" FF game coming to the Wii?

wfz said:
RolStoppable said:
donathos said:

Of course you would say this, but then again you are clearly NOT a Final Fantasy fan in the first place.

Wait, what's wrong with a "main" FF game coming to the Wii?

Everything. Where have you been?

Around the Network

The main FF series will go Multi plat for a while then go M$ exclusive, just like how the FF series slowly converted to PS1. Ok I might be crazy/

indodude said:
The main FF series will go Multi plat for a while then go M$ exclusive, just like how the FF series slowly converted to PS1. Ok I might be crazy/

Announcing a game that everybody thought would go to the N64, for the PS as an exclusive isn't slowly converting.

wfz said:
BengaBenga said:

Don't forget this one, it's really cool:

gaygamer.net? I won't pass judgement on people who visit that site of course, but there's no way in hell you're getting me to click a link that has gaygamer in it.

Is there something you want to share with us, benga...?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

sc94597 said:
indodude said:

Announcing a game that everybody thought would go to the N64, for the PS as an exclusive isn't slowly converting.

the n64 prototype wasnt a dead give away that was coming to the ps1?

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

I don't think we'll see another Final Fantasy game in the main series this generation. We have a Final Fantasy XIII release wich could be released at the end of 2009 in Japan and maybe even 2010. And then there's American release after that, and Europe release. It took nearly a year to get FFXII out to PAL territories. After that we see the release of FFversusXIII. I'm guessing we'll see similar long waits with that. And there's AgitoXIII as well.

So with all that, I would say to expect the next one in the main series in the Next Generation. Depending on which course each console takes, I think we could even see the next FF on all three platforms. Or maybe it could go exclusive to a console again.