By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: HOME is old tech, and doesnt touch XBL

Well yes XBL has some features PSN does not, and PSN has some features XBL doesnt, like a voice changer and internet browser, but overall its near the same in the overall experience especially gaming online.

mM
Around the Network
rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:
eh to be honest as an owner of both systems i would kinda have to agree. The comments he made were unessary but so far to me the psn has been drastically behind compared to live and Home doesn't seem like its gonna do it for me. Thats the whole reason i get multi-plats on my 360 because live has such better online. That being said i really hope home surprises me further down the road with more developments and things added

Live has "such better" online??

mhm...Ok tell me whats better about it.

Integrated voice chat, for one. Sony's Bluetooth solution is still a shitty idea. Plug it into the controller.

Of course, PSN has dedicated servers... IMO, it's close to a wash.

How about invites... and a singer (edit: while some of you are probably good singers I ment single) user id... not to metion regular updates to XBLA and a increadibly fast growing community games section... in the end you get what you pay for... and when you pay you have the right to complain and get free shit... like Undertow

@BEN

You've told me what NXE offers, but havent told me what it does better than the PSN other than saying "everything " which isnt true..

mM
leo-j said:
Well yes XBL has some features PSN does not, and PSN has some features XBL doesnt, like a voice changer and internet browser, but overall its near the same in the overall experience especially gaming online.

yeah you make a good point the BIGGEST advantage for me about PSN is the web browser and yes in terms of acutal gaming online they are very similar i just really like how efficient it has become with the NXE

leo-j said:

I remember the voice changer in the original Xbox... poeple usually just got pissed when you used it... as for the browser... well there are ways around that... after all it is a Media Center Extender and there are several browsers you can put on there.

Around the Network

Whats a singer user id?

mM
leo-j said:
@BEN

You've told me what NXE offers, but havent told me what it does better than the PSN other than saying "everything " which isnt true..

well thats just it. What the NXE offers is something the PSN doesn't and those features are the ones that i really enjoy which is why i stated them.

I saw it in beta form it was empty the 3 peeps walking around looked bored. shookie had a great view thou.

leoj it cost $ for live psn free lives party chat and online game play with friends is smoother

Cueil said:

How about invites... and a singer user id... not to metion regular updates to XBLA and a increadibly fast growing community games section... in the end you get what you pay for... and when you pay you have the right to complain and get free shit... like Undertow

Cross game invites no

Yes Single user ID

Yes regular updates to the PS store

Yes Fast growing community games section

wtf at last "feature"???

mM