By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3-HDMI Problem

sunil247 said:
Firmware update for your TV?

I will look little more information about it, my knowledge about this things are very limited. Thanks for the advice.

Around the Network

The update generally is very simple - copy firmware to USB and let the tv take care of the rest. - (I have Samsung LN32A330)

BTW - a word of caution - i have read quite a lot that TVs go dead after the firmware updates - it will be better to have samsung customer reps on the phone while you try this.

Wish you luck!

I called Samsung again about the problem I said that I took my ps3 to another tv and it worked there. They said that they dont know what the problem is because my tv is connected to my computer through HDMI so it should not be problem with the HDMI port.

I called Sony about the problem and told them what tv I had. They said my Samsung tv should work and they usually dont have problem with Samsung and it is only the A serie that they had problem with these days. They said that if my ps3 worked on another tv it cant be the PS3 that is the problem.

sunil247: About the firmware is it to update HDMI port 1.3?

The firmware cannot update the port version. To use HDMI 1.3, you have to have both a HDMI 1.3 transmitter chip and software that supports the HDMI 1.3 features.