By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3-HDMI Problem

Get someones help

Around the Network

Did it ever work? Does it work with component cables?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

your TV is probably like my Sony HDTV. Doesnt support HDCP. Your screwed.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
your TV is probably like my Sony HDTV. Doesnt support HDCP. Your screwed.

I have read about other people that had problem with that TV+Ps3 but I have also read about others that it has worked perfectly for. I am going today exhange my HDMI cabel with another its only 1 week old  if that does not work I am going to call Samsung,

Isnt HDCP only a problem while playing Blu Ray movies? I remember reading this somewhere.

Buy a really cheap HDMI cable... I bought a Monster HDMI cable for 50$ and it didnt work. On the other hand I bought a cable for 3$ from one of the online stores and it has worked great

Around the Network

I know this is going to sound obvious, but make sure that the HMDI cord is plugged in all the way flush in the back of the PS3. Sometimes these vords have difficulty going in, and if they aren't in all the way, they won't work.

Also, make sure than when you are "resetting holding the power button" you are powering on the PS3, and not off.

You should hold on the power button until you hear an extra beep, which means the resolution is reset on the PS3.

If this doesn't work, try hooking it up via component or even composite so you can check your system display settings.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

http://www.vdhsoft.be/sp28/28699.htm

Is this your TV?

We'll miss you George.

Triple post.

I did some research, and found this thread:

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/post-40832.html

Looks like that particular T.V. has Ps3 issues. :(

We'll miss you George.

Domo-Kun said:
Triple post.

I did some research, and found this thread:

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/post-40832.html

Looks like that particular T.V. has Ps3 issues. :(

Yeah it is the same tv. I have made those steps many times but I can try it again later. I saw that link to but there is another poster on the same thread that has the same tv and is having no problem :/.

Firmware update for your TV?