By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kingdom Under Fire 2

id bet on 360 exclusivity as well

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

I think the MMO aspects may be similar to World in Conflict - You had 8v8 battles, but each of the said players could control a specific aspect of the army.

So in an MMORTS battle of Kingdom Under Fire 2 you could see:

- 2-4 players control infantry divisions (infantry, grunts, orcs, zombies, ect)
- 2-4 players control calvary troops (Wargs, Horses, Skeleton Horses)
- 2-4 players control magus divisions (Mages, Warlocks, Witches)
- 1-2 players control support groups (Catapults, Trebuchets, Behemoths, ect)
- 1-2 players control air-based squads (Dragons, Dwarven Flying Machines, Griffins)

And of course, each of the said players would be controlling 4-5 groupings of units with a few hundred units per group. Later on, in Crusaders, you would have 1000s of individual units in battle at any given time.

Kingdom Under Fire is the true gem of the Xbox collection. I haven't played an RTS since Crusaders that mimics the major-scale battles that KUF has. N3 and CoD were both massive disappointments knowing how good KUF: Crusaders and Heroes are.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The article was amazing until I read "GOTY 2009" then I just started ROFL.

Seriously though the game looks like potential...I'm not going to get my hopes up though so I don't get disappointed if it isn't great.

perpride said:
The article was amazing until I read "GOTY 2009" then I just started ROFL.

Seriously though the game looks like potential...I'm not going to get my hopes up though so I don't get disappointed if it isn't great.

Read my post. I said my.

Dont attack peoples opinions.

mrstickball said:
I think the MMO aspects may be similar to World in Conflict - You had 8v8 battles, but each of the said players could control a specific aspect of the army.

- 1-2 players control air-based squads (Dragons, Dwarven Flying Machines, Griffins)

And of course, each of the said players would be controlling 4-5 groupings of units with a few hundred units per group. Later on, in Crusaders, you would have 1000s of individual units in battle at any given time.

Kingdom Under Fire is the true gem of the Xbox collection. I haven't played an RTS since Crusaders that mimics the major-scale battles that KUF has. N3 and CoD were both massive disappointments knowing how good KUF: Crusaders and Heroes are.

Actually. No it's individual people. The info for thousands of people in one battle comes directly from the official site.

http://www.kufii.com/ENG/

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

See but that's not true MMO. That's just a game of 16ish people.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

selnor said:
mrstickball said:

Actually. No it's individual people. The info for thousands of people in one battle comes directly from the official site.

http://www.kufii.com/ENG/

The this is not an RTS at all, more like a massive action game.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Wouldn't it be good just the same though? I hope it will be kind of like Bladestorm, without all the crappyness it had. (Although It seemed like a good game, it just had some problems)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

vlad - It's most likely that the battles will be waged by multiple players (16-32), but have global, persistent ramifications. Chromehounds did that, and Huxley is as well - You have a global map of playable 'hot spot' maps. The victor(s) take control of that area, and attempt to move forward in taking more of the enemy factions.

That could easily involve thousands of people in one battle, that could take place across multiple maps.

Here's a good quote from Phantagram about their idea:

Reviving the medieval ages, thousands of gamers can co-join in war, choose their side, trade with each other, expand and cultivate their territory, then go out to the battlefield to match with other gamers in 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, or 3 vs. 3 over possession or protection of territories.

See? One war, with thousands of gamers. But then go onto the battlefield to get possessions of territories.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.