By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - game of the year reveals truth about GTA4

Grand Theft Auto IV was a brilliant achievement of incredible vision and depth deserving of it's high scores.

It also wasn't nearly as much fun as it should have been.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
Dinomax said:
Wait your trusting the opinion of a journalist on VIDEO GAMES?

In fact there not even journalists because most the news and interviews are given to them and most haven't even touched a titty in there life.

I can't trust a man who hasn't touched titty.

So you don't trust yourself? Weird.

GTA4 simply was the most amazing game this year. What are the alternatives? Curbstomping Gears? Generic shooter Resistance2? The slightly interactive cutscene MGS4?

What about LBP

I would actually love the reviewers to see the light and turn around and give Wii Fit GOTY. It would be huge and I think on a high level actually deserves it.

Apart from that there are plenty of games that deserve it other then GTA4.

Edit:

This comment from Kryos:

GTA4 simply was the most amazing game this year. What are the alternatives? Curbstomping Gears? Generic shooter Resistance2? The slightly interactive cutscene MGS4?

Is why i think a game unlike any before it and appreciated by so many different players i.e hardcore and casual, should be the game to get GOTY and Wii Fit is all that and more.

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii

Around the Network

I have never played a perfect video game. But I've played flawed video games perfectly. Booyah

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Wii Fit of course it's allready surpassed GTA4 in sales on both PS3 and X360 combined !
And it's benefiting many peoples fitness and balance thus has a positive benefit for the player. Most other games could be considered neutral at best.! Wii fit is hot and looks like it's on the way to 20 million.
GTA4 is dead allready. and I should also point out Mario Kart is about to run down Niko(GTA4) and will only stop to spray gravel over him.
If any game other than Wii Fit get this title i would question that the people judjing it are clueless.

PS3 number 1 fan

Thats a ballsy statement OGY, arguably its so unique and different it couldn't possibly win.

It's like the film industry, if its way too different it never gets appreciated in the same way as commercial shit

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I play a game to have fun, not to lose weight ( and I don't need to ).

And it's benefiting many peoples fitness and balance

The same can be said about jogging shoes. Seriously Wii Fit is a fitness device. Wrong category.