By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Features for Wii Pikmin and Mario Tennis revealed

MaxwellGT2000 said:
No IR in Pikmin? ;_; Or will there be more later? Also Mario Tennis needs online play and this would be killer!

I would have definitely bought Mario Power Tennis if it had online.  Since it doesn't, I definitely won't.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

Camelot making it? Dammit! This studio is small... So they do er, one game at a time... So that means no Golden Sun yet for a while...

Avalach21 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
No IR in Pikmin? ;_; Or will there be more later? Also Mario Tennis needs online play and this would be killer!

I would have definitely bought Mario Power Tennis if it had online. Since it doesn't, I definitely won't.

Wii Sports 3 ?

Wii Sports 1 remake with online?

On an another note DK looks totally friggin mad. Never played and i expected it to be shit like Jungle bongos or whatever its called. But this looks exactly like all the cool bits from Sonic originals and the new Wario combined.

2d (or 2.5d) is king and it looks like Nintendo hasn't missed Rare's vision that much at all.

edit > my mistake it is exactly like jungle bongos isnt it? why can't they just make this game, u know, like more normal.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

lolita said:
Camelot making it? Dammit! This studio is small... So they do er, one game at a time... So that means no Golden Sun yet for a while...

They expanded last year, actually, specifically to have the capacity to work on two titles at once. Add to that the fact that these Wiimakes take only a small team (the RE wiimakes, from what I recall, take up all of six to ten people at peak. Okami used four people, with a maximum of twelve at crunch time), and you can rest assured that they're still working on at least one new game, likely two.

IR for Pikmin was confirmed a while ago, wasn't it?

I tried to search for it on Google, but this thread was the second result...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Avalach21 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I would have definitely bought Mario Power Tennis if it had online. Since it doesn't, I definitely won't.

Wii Sports 3 ?

On an another note DK looks totally friggin mad. Never played and i expected it to be shit like Jungle bongos or whatever its called. But this looks exactly like all the cool bits from Sonic originals and the new Wario combined.

2d (or 2.5d) is king and it looks like Nintendo hasn't missed Rare's vision that much at all.

edit > my mistake it is exactly like jungle bongos isnt it? why can't they just make this game, u know, like more normal.

Two points:

One, you're wrong about Jungle Beat. It was awesome with the bongos. Awesome I say!

Second, the Wiimake will be using more traditional controls. Analog stick to move, etc. It'll also be redesigned, level-wise.

noname2200 said:
megaman79 said:
Avalach21 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Wii Sports 3 ?

Two points:

One, you're wrong about Jungle Beat. It was awesome with the bongos. Awesome I say!

Second, the Wiimake will be using more traditional controls. Analog stick to move, etc. It'll also be redesigned, level-wise.

Its cool i just read a review. Being able to adjust your speed through the beats actually sounds pretty cool. I just assumed it would be limited in its controls is all, like i said have not played it. But since your telling me it will have new controls that should be sweet.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

There would have to be IR control in Pikmin... otherwise its effectively the GC build, burnt onto a Wii disk.

This is an awesome move in general, if they are cheap enough - I will rebuy some games :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

so, are these wiimakes gonna be 30 bucks in the us, or have they announced the pricing yet?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

vonboy said:
so, are these wiimakes gonna be 30 bucks in the us, or have they announced the pricing yet?

These games cost 3800 yen.

For a comparison, GTA IV (PC) costs 6120 yen of Amazon JP

Mario Kart Wii costs 4700 yen.

Wii costs 25,000 yen, but without Wii Sports.

Wii Sports costs 3850 yen.

So I would say that ~ 30 dollars is a safe bet.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS