By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the DQX announcement change your Kingdom Hearts 3 Predictions?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
vdoesntforgive said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
DQ doesn't change much. Kingdom Hearts is far more popular in America than anywhere else.

Equal possiblilty of being Wii exclusive or 360/ps3 multiplat.

You do know, right (and I can't stress this enough), that the Wii isn't just popular in Japan?

It's that they are trying to convince themselves that Dragon Quest being on the Wii will magically only affect Japan, when that same argument failed to stop the DS.

No. I just meant that it's more a western targeted game. Meaning it's not as obvious as DQ being Wii exclusive when the competitors are all but dead in hardware and software sales in the only place on Earth where it matters.

The thing is that it doesn't just matter there. If it did, putting the 9th game on the DS wouldn't have had the impact it did.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
vdoesntforgive said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
DQ doesn't change much. Kingdom Hearts is far more popular in America than anywhere else.

You do know, right (and I can't stress this enough), that the Wii isn't just popular in Japan?

It's that they are trying to convince themselves that Dragon Quest being on the Wii will magically only affect Japan, when that same argument failed to stop the DS.

No. I just meant that it's more a western targeted game. Meaning it's not as obvious as DQ being Wii exclusive when the competitors are all but dead in hardware and software sales in the only place on Earth where it matters.

The thing is that it doesn't just matter there. If it did, putting the 9th game on the DS wouldn't have had the impact it did.

....what impact? It's not even out yet.

Before, 70% Wii, 30% PS3/360
Now, 90% Wii, 10% PS3/360

with you--OkeyDokey-- said:

The impact was huge. Worse than FFXIII going multi-format.

But I agree with you. Kingdom Hearts III can still go either way. Atleast with DQ it was almost completely a sure thing that it would end up on Wii.

I still put my money on Nintendo getting it, this gen or next. Does anyone know the sales figures of the previous games in each territory.

vdoesntforgive said:
 with you--OkeyDokey-- said:

The impact was huge. Worse than FFXIII going multi-format.

But I agree with you. Kingdom Hearts III can still go either way. Atleast with DQ it was almost completely a sure thing that it would end up on Wii.

I still put my money on Nintendo getting it, this gen or next. Does anyone know the sales figures of the previous games in each territory.

You do know what website you're on, right?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
vdoesntforgive said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I wrote "putting", not "releasing". The difference was the announcement. And if you think that didn't matter. Take note that FFVII was announced to be on the PS1 in Janurary 1996, months before the N64 came out. That started the exodus of developers, not the release of that game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I say PS360.

outlawauron said:
vdoesntforgive said:

Remind me.

PS360 or just PS3. Unchanged.

4 ≈ One

vdoesntforgive said:
outlawauron said:
vdoesntforgive said:

Remind me.

Both Kingdom Hearts did over half their sales in the US alone, though the margin was much larger for the first one. Past that, sales were split much less fantastically between Japan and "others", with the body of those sales going to Japan.