By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just bought a psp 3000 and...

This thing is freaking awesome! I bought the ratchet and clank pack along with an 8 gig sony memory stick. That whole thing about the scan lines is WAY over hyped, they are few and far between and even when it happens u can hardly notice them. If u were holding off on psp 3000 cause of the scan line issue then dont, trust me they are rare.

Anyways I love this system, Iam currently playing crisis core and that game is pretty cool. The whole spinning power break thing is odd but interesting none the less.

I also bought the component cables and hooked it up to my 42" lcd and watched resident evil on it and its quality was pretty much just as good as dvd, some of the blacks turned up a little off in the movie but that was rare, everything else from the resolution to the audio was just like dvd quality. I love the fact that it basically doubles as an IPOD with the fact that it plays mp3's and videos "with much nicer quality I might add!" Also the internet radio function is pretty tight and then of course being able to view web pages is a plus.

Also the new screen is so nice cause I played some of the original psp's and this new bright contrast screen is WELL worth the purchase. One note that I might add is some of my friends have a ds lite and I have to say that the 3000 actually feels like it weighs less then the ds lite, I dont know if that is correct or not but to me it definantly does.

All in all a very nice decision, Iam glad I got it. It is a very nice addition to go with my ps3.

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

Around the Network

Grats, too bad it lacks good games, only a handfull are awesome :(

Congratulations on the purchase, mine arrives this saturday and is going to be a nice addition to my ps3 as well :)

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

... it has way more then a handful of good games

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

EvilChronos said:
... it has way more then a handful of good games

agreed, oh if you have online internet I suggest trying out the Internet Radio.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

the internet radio is pretty cool.

there are a bunch of games that i do want to get for it, but i've never gotten around to it because i usually prefer ds games for my handheld time and the rest of the money goes to consoles.

also with more and more PS1 games being added to the PSN there will be tons of games to play!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Silentburritoassasin said:

Who let you out from under the bridge?! Go back!

PSP has way more than a handful of great games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Silentburritoassasin said:

@EvilChronos

good 4 u bro.....great choice

hey it got "tons of great games on the psp"....ummm,what game will you purchase ??

once again, congrats !!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the PSP. Got the 2000 version, myself, one sweet machine, though I may upgrade to the 3K, because sunlight does tend to wash out my screen.

For those of you who want to run videos on your PSP: there's lots of good freeware to transcode media into the PSP's .mp4 format, e.g. MPEG Streamclip for the Mac and Pazera for PC. (I'm sure there are others, but these work for me.) One hint: sometimes videos won't play due to obscure formats, make sure the file output is set to 320 x 240. Just convert the file, plug in your PSP to your computer's USB port with a cable (sold separately), drag and drop to the "VIDEO" folder, and you're good to go. Happy transcoding!