By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gebx said:
Max King of the Wild said:
LNRT said:

and those moms buy it to just look at it? or do they buy it to play games on it?

Well that really was a joke but if you want to know my experience with PS3's then....

My moms work had a PS3 tourny.... the people who brought it in bought the wii for wii sports and had no other games... Don't know enough people who own PS3's to have a tourney of any sort

My mom wanted to buy a PS3 for me. I told her no thanks. She said why its fun (From seing commercials). Then I showed her the game selection at gamestop anc compared it to the 360's. Now she doesn't want it.

My coworker bought a PS3 and only has Blu Ray movies... last time I checked. Haven't been to his house since new years. cause he got fired.

another one of my friends bought a PS3 and sold it because the only games he liked was a 360 Port and he got bored of it. He bought COD4 and he bought MGS4.

One of my girlfriends had a wii... all she had was wii sports and monkey ball. I actually don't know a single girl who owns a PS3... well neither a 360..

Those are all my run ins with the PS3.

So I guess my experience with the PS3's are similar to your experience with the Wii...

Haha, damn. I don't know what it is about your posts, but they're consistently entertaining.

Easily my favorite troll on VGC!

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
Max King of the Wild said:
BoleroOfFire said:
Wii over a million again and past the 40 million mark!

I see leoj is still going off with his 'Wii has no good games' rant. Answer this question: If the Wii isn't selling because of its games, why are people buying it?

Because of all the soccer moms who watch the Ellen show.

Wow, I didn't know that show is so popular!  Soccer moms worldwide watch it and decide to buy the Wii?  /sarcasm

Nice try.

Still awaiting leoj's answer.  Do people buy it because it looks sexy on their entertainment center?  Is it because they need a fancy new paperweight or doorstop?  Can it really be used in place of a vacuum to collect dust around the home?  I would really like to read his response since he says the same crap every week when the sales numbers are up.   

Just some interesting statistics of ps3 and wii buying habits.

more than 16 million AAA ps3 games have been sold, more than 90 percent ratio.

only ~22 million AAA wii games have been sold. roughly 60% ratio compared to the install base

Wii>>> 360 + PS3,
Good X360 and Wii console sales numbers but low PS3 console sales figures.

theprof00 said:

only ~22 million AAA wii games have been sold. roughly 60% ratio compared to the install base

What did you use to classify games as "AAA"?

I'd bet the leader tends to be on the lower end like that in all gens. Curious what the PS2 v GC/Xbox would look like.

edit: I get what you meant now. Nvm anyway, since reviewers loved GTA the PS2 has no trouble there...

I used metacritic of course, what else can you possibly use that is fair?

i'm looking up ps2 ratios, i think i'm gunna make a thread about this actually.

Around the Network

The PS3 is not doing great ATM.

Common, the recession and financial crisis we are on will last at least a few more years at least. People wants values.

As MGS4, LBP, and Resistance 2 proves, no matter how good the games are, if you don't have the Price on your hardware, it doesn't matter.

What is worse for Sony is virtually every third party is also supporting the 360 and the games are better or identical. They can pump and hype out GOW3, KZ2, and/or Uncarted 2 all they want but it simple will not matter. And non of the PS3 exclusives are as big as either Halo or Gears.

c0rd said:
theprof00 said:

I'd bet the leader tends to be on the lower end like that in all gens. Curious what the PS2 v GC/Xbox would look like.

edit: I get what you meant now. Nvm anyway, since reviewers loved GTA the PS2 has no trouble there...

Really, I guess a game like Mario Kart is not AAA because well it sold like 10 millions. AAA is a made up word. AAA is killer app in my book and it makes people buy more systems and sell through the roof like Sumeer movie blockbusters. So no LBP is not AAA because it didn't do any of that but Mario Kart is AAA.

RayRay102 said:
c0rd said:
theprof00 said:

Really, I guess a game like Mario Kart is not AAA because well it sold like 10 millions. AAA is a made up word. AAA is killer app in my book and it makes people buy more systems and sell through the roof like Sumeer movie blockbusters. So no LBP is not AAA because it didn't do any of that but Mario Kart is AAA.

This.

Smeags said:

Well, I oughta kill two birds with one stone in this post. So...

NA Weekly Comparison Chart!

ConsoleLast Week
This Week
909,924  557,688
803,956  521,937
477,956  312,929
254,618  174,355
198,068 145,182

DS: 352,236 sales decrease.
Wii: 282,019 sales decrease.
360: 165,027 sales decrease.
PSP: 80,263 sales decrease.
PS3: 52,886 sales decrease.

And... It's time for this week's WW Marketshare!

Consoles: 2,174,491
Handhelds: 1,982,007

Wii: 54%
360: 30%
PS3: 16%

DS: 79%
PSP: 21%

After skimming pages of waffle, I can finally add mine.

with your numbers, here are the percentage drops per console after BF weekend in NA

ps3 dropped 27%
PSP dropped 32%
360 dropped 34%
Wii dropped 35%
DS dropped 39%

Quite interesting the PS3 dropped the least, and the DS dropped the most.

at least the PS3 "won" something

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

DS, Wii and X360 great
PS3 and PSP not so much