By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BoleroOfFire said:
I don't even know what Logo is, lol. I can't believe this thread even has an argument about rappers in it. And Buddha. This is an epic thread.

Logo is the gay station. Yes, one of those exists. There isn't anything wrong with that. I just don't swing that way.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

@ DmeisterJ

First of all, I loved your "blow up" post -- you're right, some people take things too seriously, and sometimes it seems like people enjoy each others' pain, which is... not cool. I appreciate your earnestness.

That said, these Forum threads involve discussion, argument and debate. And mature conversation relies on honesty to be successful. When people "discuss" a topic but refuse to be intellectually honest about some key point (like saying that PS3 sales are doing "awesome" without significant context), then it kind of ruins these conversations we're trying to have. And so, when I see someone acting like that, and someone else calls them out with reference to numbers, stats, *reality*, it does kind of make me feel good. Not because I imagine the PS3 fanboy (or whatever) is hurt, but because I like seeing bad logic beat and shit conversation turned into humor and truth.

I have nothing against the PS3, or any other console or handheld. I have very little personal stake in these "console wars," except for some nostalgic love of Nintendo, an identification with what I take to be their corporate philosophy, and the fact that, as a Wii owner, I want as many great games to come to my console as possible. I also have nothing against the fanboys of any other system. In particular, since I've been on VG Chartz, I've come to develop more respect for you, PSRock, and even Leo-J! ;) I would be very happy if everyone here, whatever they personally love or hate, could conduct themselves in a mature way & make great discussions w/o trolling, or flaming, etc.

But until that happens, if a fanboy makes some outrageous claims and then persistently refuses to see reason despite logical argument and solid evidence... I'm afraid I'll continue to take pleasure in their being shown up.

I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.

Yep usually how it works is they hit peaks on Black Friday then fall the next week. Then the upcoming weeks work there way back up to about the numbers they saw on Black Friday. However, Wii and DS could follow different trends to where they work back up and on the peak week of December they top Black Friday numbers which would be ungodly. PS3, 360, and PSP though should follow normal trends.

Software should stay about the same. Usually it doesn't drop but doesn't increase after Black Friday week. This is due to 7 days of sales on the week rather than 6 on Black Friday week where all the days see increases but not on BF standards. So it levels out.

leo-j said:

There are no lies in my words, Im basing all of the games off Metacritic 90+= AAA, Super smash, and world of goo were the only AAA titles released on the wii this year. Also sorry, there was no need to mention the wii, but since this was a sales thread, and its obvious the games arent what is selling the wii, then what is?? Thats just what im trying to figure out. 

Just because it isn't adored by critics does not make a game not worthy of consumer demand. We all know Wii Sports sells a ton of Wii's, yet the critics game it a score of 76. That fact alone shows that the opinion of game critics does not matter to the consumer. MKWii is not AAA by your definition, yet it is a system seller, Wii Fit as well.

What you are missing is that the Wii offers a WIDE VARIETY OF AFFORDABLE GAMES FOR EVERYONE. So did the PS2. That's why both of these systems are winners. The PS2 offered ICO & Disney princesses, GTA & Snoopy vs the Red Baron, MGS2 & Scooby Doo's Night of 1000 Frights. It never became #1 by catering to the niche hardcore. It became #1 because it was "The People's Console", something for everyone. If you took out all the non AAA PS2 titles from the PS2's library, you would be catering to a niche market. Sony is doing exactly that.  

There's more to the toppling of Sony's console empire than that, but that is a huge part. The price, the arrogance, the lies, the abandonment of "core values", the delays, the broken promises..... PS3 is exactly were it deserves to be ATM. If sony went back and looked at what made PSX & PS2 succesful and made a console for "everyone" they could gain back much of what they've lost.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
radioioRobert said:
leo-j said:

There are no lies in my words, Im basing all of the games off Metacritic 90+= AAA, Super smash, and world of goo were the only AAA titles released on the wii this year. Also sorry, there was no need to mention the wii, but since this was a sales thread, and its obvious the games arent what is selling the wii, then what is?? Thats just what im trying to figure out. 

Just because it isn't adored by critics does not make a game not worthy of consumer demand. We all know Wii Sports sells a ton of Wii's, yet the critics game it a score of 76. That fact alone shows that the opinion of game critics does not matter to the consumer. MKWii is not AAA by your definition, yet it is a system seller, Wii Fit as well.

What you are missing is that the Wii offers a WIDE VARIETY OF AFFORDABLE GAMES FOR EVERYONE. So did the PS2. That's why both of these systems are winners. The PS2 offered ICO & Disney princesses, GTA & Snoopy vs the Red Baron, MGS2 & Scooby Doo's Night of 1000 Frights. It never became #1 by catering to the niche hardcore. It became #1 because it was "The People's Console", something for everyone. If you took out all the non AAA PS2 titles from the PS2's library, you would be catering to a niche market. Sony is doing exactly that.  

There's more to the toppling of Sony's console empire than that, but that is a huge part. The price, the arrogance, the lies, the abandonment of "core values", the delays, the broken promises..... PS3 is exactly were it deserves to be ATM. If sony went back and looked at what made PSX & PS2 succesful and made a console for "everyone" they could gain back much of what they've lost.

Is Sony the republican party...lol?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
I don't even know what Logo is, lol. I can't believe this thread even has an argument about rappers in it. And Buddha. This is an epic thread.

What can i say? Buddha is a wise guy

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

DMeisterJ said:
y0ungK!d said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
Just say it: "The PS3 is doing bad"

You guys will feel better... just face it... face your fears...

The problem is people like you and Maynard who are rubbing in the fact that the PS3 isn't doing good. 

Don't be an asshole. 

Make your observation, and move on. 

The PS3 isn't doing good.  Big fucking deal.  You take the console wars so seriously.  Guess how much the PS3 not doing good affects your everyday life?  None.  You don't work for Sony, or have stock in the company, so if it sells 1 unit or 1 billion units in a week, the fact of the matter is that it has no affect on you positively or negatively.  The fact that you get some sort of sick enjoyment or pleasure out of what some people do take to heart makes you an asshole and a very sad person.  Some people cannot tell the difference between what affects them and what doesn't, and physically can't admit that the PS3 is doing bad because of that.  But it's not up to you to rub it in and get some sort of pleasure out of always posting your PS3 hate.  We all know you don't like it, and love that they're not doing good.  But rubbing it in is such a bitch move. 

I really don't care if I get reported or banned for the comment or what I said, because someone needs to tell the fucking truth on this site, and if I'm going to be the only person to do so, then that's what I'm going to do.

Your right, sales doesn't affect us;however, why are YOU on this site? A site about SALES. And I could of sworn seeing you say "go ps3" whenever it's doing good, yet when they aren't doing good "it doesn't matter." You, my friend, is a hypocrite. You were probably the same person claiming "teh 360 is doomed," six months ago. And I could of sworn you're the first one to mention the 360 sales blunders. Anyway, to reiterate my point, whay are you here if you don't care about sales? Whether Sony is failing or succeding shouldn't matter to you. So I shouldn't expect you to keep saying "go ps3" anymore, right?

Wrong.

I was not that person.  And yes, this is a sales site.  So sales discussion here is what I expect.  Getting sick pleasure out of people who aren't happy with sales isn't what I expect.  I'm here cause I do care about sales, and discussing them, not tormenting people. 

I will keep on saying Go PS3, because I enjoy my PS3 and it's game and I want it to go.  lol.

Wait, what? If someone chooses to admit facts, that's fine. They said to admit the ps3 wasn't doing good. And your response was "who cares about sales," however, you just admitted you do care about sales. You, my friend, are a hypocrite. Furthermore, it's a GAME COMPANY. How is it torment? Really? And I'm sure ps3 fanboys were doing the samething to 360 fanboys, six months ago, and I'm 100% sure you sat idely by.  People gloat, I think that's fine. I was rooting for the Patriots last year, and they lost the Superbowl. Did they (Giants fans) gloat? Of course. And you're using the term "torment" incorrectly, imo.

Falcon095 said:
BoleroOfFire said:

What can i say? Buddha is a wise guy

I've been called a wise guy too. Or is that wise ass?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

great overall for xbox 360. great job MS

@amp: The latter, most likely. 

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light