By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
amp316 said:
The Wii is like break dancing, or disco, or the pet rock. It's a fad. Women and old people are having SSBB tournaments as we speak. This angers me since women and old people should not be allowed to play games.

I'm hurt.  Take that back.  I don't even watch the Ellen show!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

are you suprised its a mess...

Leo-j is here, and trying to defend the PS3... that can only lead to 1 thing.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Sales were always bound to fall from last week - still, 2.7m Wii+DS sold this week worldwide. That is almost 400k units a DAY...

Wii breaks 40m, DS breaks 90m - I think the next 10m for the DS will be the fastest 10m in the history of the industry... ever.

DS needs 9.5m sales in the next 4 weeks to break 100m on Jan 1st '09. I thought it impossible, now its just improbable.

Wii should easily hit 45m, my forecast at the start of the year. Won't hit 50m, but could get as high as 48m.

PS3 on target for around 21m, and 360 around 28-29m (pretty amazing).

PS3 starting to lose a LOT of market share, and rapidly :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

NiKKoM said:
amp316 said:
The Wii is like break dancing, or disco, or the pet rock. It's a fad. Women and old people are having SSBB tournaments as we speak. This angers me since women and old people should not be allowed to play games.

You got owned at SSBB by an 80 year old lady didn't you?

Yes.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@infamous: Exactly! All I hear are crickets...

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
amp316 said:

I'm hurt.  Take that back.  I don't even watch the Ellen show!

Why not?  How about Oprah? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

NiKKoM said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Well that really was a joke but if you want to know my experience with wiis then....

My moms work had a Wii Bowl tourny.... the people who brought it in bought the wii for wii sports and had no other games...

My mom wanted to buy a wii for me. I told her no thanks. She said why its fun (From just playing wii sports). Then I had her play the Wii in gamestop. Now she doesn't want it.

My friend bought a wii and only has party games... last time I checked. Haven't been to his house since new years. A girl he liked tried to hook up with me and now he hates me.

another one of my friends bought a wii and sold it because the only game he liked was SSBB and he got bored of it. He bought NMH and he bought Zelda and he bought RE4.

One of my girlfriends had a wii... all she had was wii sports and monkey ball.

Those are all my run ins with the Wii.

I really don't care about the PS3 sales good/bad whatever... but I have to say... SHAME ON YOU!!!
YOUR MOTHER JUST WANTED TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER!!!! Always show love to your mother!!! Let her buy the Wii and play some games together!!! Your mother > ps3

I have buzz for that reason. And I asked her what games she wanted and all she knew was wii sports! and gamestop only had that wario shake it game so maybe it was a bad game to demo for her. Anyways if i were friends with someone who actually had wii games i would try to barrow it and have her play, but I'm not saying no because I hate the wii. I would buy a bunch of games for it. I'm sa because she couldn't name me 2 games she would hae fun playing and I don't want her wasting money.

@Max King of the Wild

So, why is the Wii selling A LOT more... (and I mean A LOT MORE) software than the PS3?

I guess most PS3 owners do really use the console mainly as a movie player then...

Damn...this topic filled up fast...good numbers this week...if this is steady state for season, 360 will hit 26 million this year.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Fernando said:

@Max King of the Wild

So, why is the Wii selling A LOT more... (and I mean A LOT MORE) software than the PS3?

I guess most PS3 owners do really use the console mainly as a movie player then...

Software Totals:

Console Week Total Tie Ratio
832,152 (+23%) 112,125,113 4.60
325,531 (-0%) 22,019,458 2.00
232,570 (+155%) 7,825,071 3.07
229,809 (-41%) 25,266,890 3.56
59,302 (-58%) 3,783,109 4.61
56,224 (-21%) 130,241,014 5.73

Software Totals:
Note that software figures are largely incomplete.

Console Weekly Total Tie Ratio
2,478,380 65,928,145 4.57
2,006,731 85,562,614 2.39
1,817,274 35,621,346 3.83
1,597,860 36,145,931 4.36
637,872 n/a n/a
217,392 6,077,540 0.40
Total 8,755,509

In america Yes it's selling a lot more SW but not out of america. Only sold 400k more in others and its got a bigger fanbase and it sold less in Japan.