By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are PS3 figures so low this close to Xmas?

FishyJoe said:

Bad economy + most expensive = lowest sales

Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:
FishyJoe said:

Bad economy + most expensive = lowest sales

I still think this is overly simplistic.  A lot of the 360s being sold aren't at the $199 price, as others have said before me.

The arcade is less than the Wii, and look at those numbers.  It's not just price.  It's clearly a factor, but it's not the only factor.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

its price and no blockbuster like gears2 for 360 this year, maybe when uncharted 2 launches next year or if by some miracle ff13 launches next year, then the sales with a reduced price will bring in the sales alot.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

mrstickball said:
Simple. Why pay $200 more for less?

If gamers only care about games...Why in God's name would you spend $100-200 more for a system that has a far worse library?

And for the good maths: It's NOT the 'economic crisis'. If that was the case, everything would be down - why is it then, that every other system is up by so much? The crisis is doing nothing. Sony cut their own throats with the pricepoint it's at. No one wants to buy the worst system on the market for the most cash, when the Wii has far more casual appeal, and the X360 is so much cheaper for a better library.

And this trend will continue until Sony drops the price. The X360 will lead the PS3 by 2:1 in sales until Sony cuts the price.

Oh come on stick! The differences are not that monumental!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

we should ask kutaragi this question. He said people would buy a ps3 no matter what. riiight

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

PS3 is undertracked, even if it is slightly.

well i think that right now sony only wants to sell better than last xmas not better than the competition and if i am correct the ps3 is selling better than last xmas right?

The irony of it all is that once you buy a battery pack and then a charge cable(which don't come with the system) and add Live you've made the $100 gap between the Pro and 80GB OR the Elite and 160GB. Things which are more or less essential. Everyone that has an Xbox 360 who's house I've been to and was able to see had them. Obviously I have not been to every 360 owner's house to verify this, but from those I have, that's what I observed.

Of course with the prices neck and neck the PS3 is still throwing a bigger hard drive, motion, WiFi and gets you a free ticket into the standard for HD movies(sorry spending 24 hours to digitally download uncompressed HD ain't coming anytime soon).

Also with running games on DVDs the 360 will go the way to the dodo much quicker than the PS3. PS3 runs on BD which has a long life cycle ahead and they have the track record to prove this. PS1(8-10 year cycle), PS2(8-10 year cycle). Xbox(4 year life cycle).

More games? Well seeing how PS3 has more REAL excluvsives, you are missing less games with a PS3. Mass Effect? Viva Pinata? Gears of War? Left 4 Dead? I can play those on PC, I'm not missing them at all. MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, LBP, Socom aren't availible to PC leaving you left out of a bigger chunk of games should you go with a 360 over a PS3.

Extra controller for PS3? $55 includes motion, rumble and recharable battery. For 360? $60, no rechargable battery, no motion, just rumble. It's clear the PS3 is giving the bigger bang for the buck.

It's your $400 or $500. Spend it wise.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

EdGuila said:
The irony of it all is that once you buy a battery pack and then a charge cable(which don't come with the system) and add Live you've made the $100 gap between the Pro and 80GB OR the Elite and 160GB. Things which are more or less essential. Everyone that has an Xbox 360 who's house I've been to and was able to see had them. Obviously I have not been to every 360 owner's house to verify this, but from those I have, that's what I observed.

Of course with the prices neck and neck the PS3 is still throwing a bigger hard drive, motion, WiFi and gets you a free ticket into the standard for HD movies(sorry spending 24 hours to digitally download uncompressed HD ain't coming anytime soon).

Also with running games on DVDs the 360 will go the way to the dodo much quicker than the PS3. PS3 runs on BD which has a long life cycle ahead and they have the track record to prove this. PS1(8-10 year cycle), PS2(8-10 year cycle). Xbox(4 year life cycle).

More games? Well seeing how PS3 has more REAL excluvsives, you are missing less games with a PS3. Mass Effect? Viva Pinata? Gears of War? Left 4 Dead? I can play those on PC, I'm not missing them at all. MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, LBP, Socom aren't availible to PC leaving you left out of a bigger chunk of games should you go with a 360 over a PS3.

Extra controller for PS3? $55 includes motion, rumble and recharable battery. For 360? $60, no rechargable battery, no motion, just rumble. It's clear the PS3 is giving the bigger bang for the buck.

It's your $400 or $500. Spend it wise.

Come on now. You can't cherrypick.

Throw in another $70 for the PS3 HDMI cable. And the 360 controller only costs $50 for wireless and $40 for a wired (which doesn't need batteries or a charger)

And the 360 has plenty of games that aren't available on PC much like the fantastic Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Expensive price of PS3 is the most significant factor in explaining the low PS3 console sales. 14 months later and PS3 remains at $399 price tag.