By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Think DQX Will Be The Best Selling DQ Game in the West

Reasons? Basically there is not a ton of competition on the Wii for AAA quality Hardcore titles. I believe that 8 sold about 1 million in Others and NA combined, and I think DQ10 will do at least that. I think that it will sell less in Japan though, it will have trouble selling 3 million there (the Wii Userbase is much smaller than PSX or PS2's were, mainly do to shrinking of gaming market there. But by the time DWX releases in the west the Wii will have up to maybe 70 million in its user base assuming pre-holiday 2010 release.

Well, what do you think? Wii owners generally are not graphics tarts (or else they would not be Wii users) and I think this is the best chance the series has ever had to expand to the west. There is no FF to compete with, nothing. It is kinda TOS1 situation, where a game can finally get exposure to a new audience do to the fact it is not being over shadowed.

Also I think there is a market for DQ in America... At DQ Swords. It is has sold 240k or so in NA, and sold 10k last week. It will reach 300k in NA, which is only 100k less the DQ8. Also DQS is just a spin off, I imagine the mainline series can do double to triple that.

I am gonna predict that 10 will do for the DQ series what FF7 did for the FF series. Expand it to the rest of the world.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

There's a market for Star Ocean in the West but there are still people that think that SO4 will flop on the 360. BTW, DQX won't have trouble selling 3 million copies since Japanese gamers are very loyal to that series and will but the Wii just for that game.

Riachu said:
There's a market for Star Ocean in the West but there are still people that think that SO4 will flop on the 360. BTW, DQX won't have trouble selling 3 million copies since Japanese gamers are very loyal to that series and will but the Wii just for that game.

I guess we will find out this week if we get a 120k wii sales number... lol

Wouldn't it be better to wait until more details are released? And see how DQ IX will do?

that would be boring... lol. Thats message boards are for, discussion and speculation.

Around the Network

What do you think DQIX will do in the West?

It depends on how well Dragon quest XI the ds sells/

hello how are you.

it's not made by level 5. =/

I think we may see over 1 million in NA + Others. Maybe more... Remember Capcom said they are really gonna try and push MH3 in the West. It is very possible they might lay a good foundation for DQX

it will surely be, after how good DQ VIII was i expect higher sales