By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats Next For Nintendo?

What Nintendo needs to do is simple..

They need another reason for the mass market to jump on board and all that is gonna be is software..

They need a single piece of software that is not possible or simply not found on any other console and then they need to back that up with more throughout the life of the system.

Around the Network

*agrees with puffy*

As long as Nintendo don't get complacent, they should be able to make their next console worth upgrading to

puffy said:
What Nintendo needs to do is simple..

They need another reason for the mass market to jump on board and all that is gonna be is software..

They need a single piece of software that is not possible or simply not found on any other console and then they need to back that up with more throughout the life of the system.

Something like Wii Fit?  I bet Wii Fit outsells PS3....

Yeah.. things are definitely going to be interesting.. especially with Microsoft entering the handheld market next gen is definitely going to make or break Nintendo.

Theres a good chance Nintendo won't be as dominant next gen so its anybodys game and if Microsofts new handheld can break into Nintendos market and take enough market share it could kill off Nintendo and give them the same fate as sega.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Angel_DwK said:
Yeah.. things are definitely going to be interesting.. especially with Microsoft entering the handheld market next gen is definitely going to make or break Nintendo.

Theres a good chance Nintendo won't be as dominant next gen so its anybodys game and if Microsofts new handheld can break into Nintendos market and take enough market share it could kill off Nintendo and give them the same fate as sega.

Your message contains a pile of nonsense, if the PSP can't even dominate Nintendo with the hand held than sure MS can? Oh yeah because they bribe every single publisher of course.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

uggh... No.. I mean with 3 handhelds its going to become a crowded market and could split the handheld gamers.. for example look at the PS3 and 360.. had Microsoft not entered the console market the ps3 could be on top right now.. either way I was just saying its a possibility that Nintendo won't dominant the handheld market as easily as before and if they lose the handheld market they may just be screwed all together.

Predictions.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

hackles said:

I hope wii 2 comes and looks like this

So I have to shave my hair to play games now? No more gaming for me then…

lol so has the N-Revolution-2 hype started already?  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sorry I don't think you understood what I meant..

I don't mean they will just die off within seconds after losing market share.. I mean if Microsofts new handheld can split the market and take away Nintendos most profitable market and force Nintendo to rely on their console it could force Nintendo to shut down..

Because lets face it.. Nintendo won't wait until they've lost 20 billion dollars to drop out of the console and handheld market and start making titles for other consoles.. I say this is a strong possibility because Nintendo doesn't have other products to fall back on like Sony and Microsoft so once they become unprofitable and lose market share it becomes a dangers situation for them..

im not saying its going to happen I am merely suggesting it as a possibility.

Predictions.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

People have been saying that for years about Nintendo. And yet, they've always been very profitable. Even during the days of the Gamecube, when the calls for them to go third party were the loudest.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Their probably going to make a car that runs on imagination or socks that make you feel hot or cold or something. You never can tell what those crazy guys at Nintendo are up to.