By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats Next For Nintendo?

I think a Nintendo phone will be the next thing. They have a huge library of GBA games that can easily be ported to a phone. That's like billions of dollars in pure profit just for the taking.

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
bardicverse said:
I think their next move is to buy out Iceland and launch their official Nation of Nintendo campaign.

Why the heck Iceland? Its so... cold out there...

Isn't Iceland relatively mild, and Greenland the one that's cold? Or did someone trick me?

I'd like a built in battery (like the DS) in the next wiimote.

izaaz101 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
bardicverse said:
I think their next move is to buy out Iceland and launch their official Nation of Nintendo campaign.

Isn't Iceland relatively mild, and Greenland the one that's cold? Or did someone trick me?

That is what I was taught as well. More specifically, I was taught that the Vikings misnamed them on purpose. So their enemies would think Greenland was habitable and Iceland was not.

Darc Requiem said:
izaaz101 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
bardicverse said:

That is what I was taught as well. More specifically, I was taught that the Vikings misnamed them on purpose. So their enemies would think Greenland was habitable and Iceland was not.

Yeah, that's what I learned too, but Iceland is still cold as hell.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Infamous said:
Darc Requiem said:
izaaz101 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
bardicverse said:

Hell is cold now? WTF? Why have I been so lied to all my life???

Around the Network

The next step is for Nintendo to try to get people to switch over to their next console. It's not as easy as it sounds. Look at the difficulties that Sony is having. The same can thing can happen to anyone without proper planning.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

FishyJoe said:
I think a Nintendo phone will be the next thing. They have a huge library of GBA games that can easily be ported to a phone. That's like billions of dollars in pure profit just for the taking.

I'd buy one -- as long as they don't make it look like some space-aged crazy toy.

bardicverse said:
Infamous said:
Darc Requiem said:

Hell is cold now? WTF? Why have I been so lied to all my life???

Hell froze over when Nintendo became the leader of this generation.

Somebody had to say it. Nice set up.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Infamous said:
Darc Requiem said:
izaaz101 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
bardicverse said:

At the time, Iceland was not cold.  The environment was warming and the Vikings moved in during a warm period.  Then a mini ice age hit and the Vikings died off because they were too stuborn and stupid to follow what natives of the land had known for centuries -- how to survive in the cold.

*~Onna76~* said:
DeltaXIII said:

*~Onna76~* said:

Plus an internal HDD of at least 10GB, no more friends codes but user ID's, just like with the PS3 / 360 and so to be able to download your bought games at least more than just once.

I'm a little confused about the last part. You can download the games you buy on the shop channel more than once, but I basically agree with the rest.

On one console yes, but once that one bricks, you have a problem. With PSN you can download 1 game onto 5 different consoles. So in any case your console dies you can at least re-download all the stuff onto a new PS3. I forgot to mention that, but that's what I meant actually

Yeah, then valid point. Since they have the option of linking the Wii to your Nintendo account, they could probably come up with a way to let you download the games again if they'd change the account to link to the new Wii when they replace it or something.

Also, not participating in the Wii Secret Santa project? http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51270