By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Pokemon game Ever?

Gold all the way

Around the Network
allaboutthegames885 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Gold/Silver did have the best rival. He freaking stole his starter.. that's badass. Also he's Giovanni's son. Also if you consider Wally your rival in R/S, I just found him obnoxious and depressing at times and I'm sure that D/P's had ADHD.. If you consider May/Brendan your rival, I didn't like the fact that you couldn't battle her/him with using full evolved Pokemon. The last battle seemed too early.

"Gary" is cool but what I did like about him was that he seemed to inappropriately outclass you in everything(he caught more Pokemon than you even though you couldn't possibly catch that many at the point in the game).. he was even the Champion.. Also he was smug as hell but I guess that comes with "being the best."

Also at Grey Acuman.. how could you like 100% of the Pokemon in R/B.. I personally hated Vileplume, Seel, Weepinbell, and Mankey..

Yeah, I agree with most of what you said, except for the part about Wally being "obnoxious", although I'll admit his use of Ralts as a "starter" seems pretty lame... I mean, have you tried battling with a freshly caught Ralts in your opening salvo in R/S/E... Bait-and-switch is pretty much all you can do...

And may I extrapolate (sp?) on the subject of Silver? (yeah, I'm one of those people who calls the player character of G/S "Gold" and his rival "Silver", problem?) There was no rival as complex as he was before or since. The boy was one you either felt incredibly sorry for, or simply loved to hate... Where do I stand on the issue? He certainly had my pity from day one... The guy constantly lashed out at the world he lived in. Which reminds me: you mentioned that you thought that Barry had ADHD... Well, personally I think all the rivals had some sort of complex...

In chronological order in terms of storyline (or what I believe is the storyline, you may certainly try to correct me):

May/Brendan: Social Awkwardness.

Wally: Victim Complex.

Gary/Blue: Blatantly Monomaniacal.

Barry: ADHD, like you said.

Silver/???: Anger Issues, like I implied.

Any response to that?

I actually agree, thanks for correcting me.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Blue/Red best. I had Blue while my brother had Red.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Yellow, how can you ignored being followed by a pikachu all the game?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

BLUE! What a team i had!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Red and Blue, since they were just so revolutionary.

Gold and Silver (Silver preferred) because they're the best iterations in the series.

reading this thread made me want to play my ones again i've started with yellow i just wish i had red

Pokemon Red was my favorite, my brother had blue. Surprisingly enough, I didn't like Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire at all. I did however like Diamond. Strange.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

NightstrikerX said:
Pokemon Red was my favorite, my brother had blue. Surprisingly enough, I didn't like Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire at all. I did however like Diamond. Strange.

R/S wasn't great anyways...but G/S?! Strange indeed!

Then again, I liked Emerald a lot and yet hated R/S... It's strange too I guess.

In terms of best pokemon game I would have to go with G/S. There were 16 gyms and the later gym leaders like Gary had pokemon much stronger than the elite 4 and to top it off u had to face the “real” champion who was the character from red/blue. The game was just epic.

But the glitches in blue/red were sweet. I remember I had so many master balls that I saw a wild metapod and just threw a master ball lol