By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X MEGATON... overrated?

I think it is still called dragon warrior in Japan...I could be wrong.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Well as people pointed out already Dragon Quest usually means a system will get better RPG support. Not all of it, of course, but quite a lot probably. What I'm really keen to know is whether they are going to do with Dragon Quest X what they did with Dragon Quest IX: Rocket Slime, Monsters: Joker, Dragon Quest IV, V, VI and now IX on DS... each game was bigger than the one released before it. Now if they do the same with the Wii (and they could as they want to milk everything out of the franchise) they could very well release more games of the series on Wii. They did the same on the PSX and the PS2 if I remember correctly.

Edit: What I mean is that it seems to be a common procedure for Square Enix to remake older titles or release spin-offs for the console they develop the next Dragon Quest for. So we could very well see Dragon Quest VII and VIII remakes and things like "Dragon Quest Monsters: Myamoto" or "Dragon Quest: Ultra Slime" or I dunno what.

I call it milking a franchise to death but I'm sure people would buy those things anyways.

US and OTHERS, Yea, this is a bit over the top.... In japan it's a megaton.

4 ≈ One

Dragon Quest Monsters: Miyamoto would be a first-day buy for me

I have no idea what it means but the title alone

Khuutra said:

Eh, it's basically Dragon Quest Monster with Miyamoto as the main character and Nintendo mascots as monsters. Sure it would sell quite a lot

Around the Network
Louie said:
Khuutra said:

Eh, it's basically Dragon Quest Monster with Miyamoto as the main character and Nintendo mascots as monsters. Sure it sell quite a lot

I COULD PLAY AS MIYAMOTO?

I will buy twelve copies

Khuutra said:
Louie said:
Khuutra said:

Eh, it's basically Dragon Quest Monster with Miyamoto as the main character and Nintendo mascots as monsters. Sure it sell quite a lot

I COULD PLAY AS MIYAMOTO?

I will buy twelve copies

See? I already started the hype machine That's how Square Enix works when they are releasing a new Dragon Quest title: Hype it to death with spin-offs and prequels and I dunno what. But it works, so...

bigjon said:

it's always been Dragon Quest in Japan as far as I know.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
bigjon said:

it's always been Dragon Quest in Japan as far as I know.

You're right, it was Dragon Warrior in NA on NES.

I think its quite important in a sense, that it proves that Japanese developers are radically shifting towards the Wii, MH III and DQ are one of the biggest games out there, and they going on Nintendo console. Japanese support already is big, but it will keep increasing, and also SE finally started to appreciate Nintendo's console after 2 years of total ignorance.

It also means that PS3 has less and less to offer in that region.