By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HD consoles be forgotten?

who stopped caring about gamecube and xbox? the people who owned them and who were getting great games certainly did not.. the mass public pretty much did though, and the same is already happening (or happened) with the wii vs. 360 and ps3 today..

they won't be forgotten by the gaming community, because they have, and will be getting, great games... but they won't be remember by the public at large like the wii will

Around the Network

Pfff... People are still talking about the short-lived Dreamcast.

Oh and Xbox 360 and PS3 won't be remembered because of GeoW, MGS4, Halo, etc. but because they provided their owners a lot of good time.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

When people talk about the Wii, they usually only ever bring up the sales. I mean, what games would you talk about? The best games this holiday season are an Animal Crossing DS port, a snowboarding game, and Skate it. I used Nintendo consoles primarly until this generation because if I had a Wii only I would have to settle for mediocrity and not get to pick from the best games.

Hannah Montana is the rage in terms of music sales, but how many music enthusiats actually discuss her music? No one is going to forget about the PS3 or the 360.

mikedh006 said:
When people talk about the Wii, they usually only ever bring up the sales. I mean, what games would you talk about? The best games this holiday season are an Animal Crossing DS port, a snowboarding game, and Skate it. I used Nintendo consoles primarly until this generation because if I had a Wii only I would have to settle for mediocrity and not get to pick from the best games.

Hannah Montana is the rage in terms of music sales, but how many music enthusiats actually discuss her music? No one is going to forget about the PS3 or the 360.

I would talk about the games I am still playing that have released through launch to date, because they don't get old.

I honestly haven't met another person IRL that gives a crap about wii sales, but they have fun with wii regardless of the fact that they are completely unaware that it is destroying the ps3 and 360 in sales (same goes for ps3 and 360 owners IRL who enjoy their games, and they just don't know anything about how they are going in sales, they just know that the wii is popular in the mainstream).. i know, shock and awe, right?

When people talk about the wii on this site, more than any other, the sales will be brought up.. why? we are on a Sales Discussion website, so what do you expect? If someone asked me in my day to day life what is good to get for the wii, I wouldn't reply with "it doesn't matter, as long as you contribute to the overall sales" nor do i say "don't bother getting it.. it is destroying 360 and ps3 already without your unnecessary support"..

I recommend to them the games that I have been playing for months (and coming on years).. the very same games that coincidentally seem to reappear in the top 50 every single week

Eg. These past two weeks (talking about what i played on wii only, i also play pc and ds games), I have played Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, De Blob, Mario Kart Wii and Metroid Prime 3 (and Ocarina of Time)... Now, I have finished pretty much all of these games, and yet I still prefer to play them before even considering the unopened pc game boxes that are currently sitting on my desk.

So when I talk about the wii, I talk about the fact that (for me) it is hard to stop having fun, even if I am playing the same game as I was yesterday, last week, last month or even last year.

(PS - can anyone take a guess at how bored I am at work at the moment?)

How could people possibly forget about it?

Around the Network

I don't think it is possible this gen because last gen PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox were more alike than Wii is to PS3 and 360.

what hd console?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
what hd console?

The one with the thing that played that game...

Yeah, that one.

chasmatic12 said:
chapset said:
what hd console?

The one with the thing that played that game...

Yeah, that one.

is it the wii? i taught it was a regular d console not high d, by the way that game is awesome.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

darthdevidem01 said:
& please do not use DQX as an example of wii 3rd party support to come.

No kidding. Not putting DQX on the Wii is tantamount to suicide on SE's part. It's a title only the Japanese care about. It makes all the sense in the world to put that title on the only console Japanese gamers care about - the Wii. It makes even more sense when you factor in how much more cheaply and quickly you can produce a game for the console.

Meanwhile, western developers will still continue to ignore the Wii with their high profile games - to a fault.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/