By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HD consoles be forgotten?

Phoenix_Wiight said:
disolitude said:

Funny prediction. Wii is almost already forgotten by the gaming media and hardcore crowd due to lack of high profile games. Hardcore crowd is the ones that talk about games btw...  All of a sudden those people will remember it in 2010?

Yes, once the Conduit 2 comes out...media and people are gonna go bannanas for the Wii and forget the other 2 consoles they have been talking about for the last 5 years.

try predicting again as this prediction won't work out well for you.

no, the Wii is still hugely discussed. it's only forgotton by M$ and Sony fanboys that don't want to remember it.

Maybe in your friend circles...but go to any major gaming publication or site. Other than the nintendo sponsored ones you wont see too many wii headlines or covers, or front pages.

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:
Tremble said:
I don't wanna be rude but who's gonna forget: uncharted, gears of war, resistance, motorstorm, little big planet, FFXIII, SO4, ... ?

The same people that forgot about Halo1, Halo2, Zelda Wind Waker, Otogui, Metroid Prime... enough?

Halo... Halo... not ringing a bell... did you make that up?

PS3 and/or 360 will not be forgotten. How can you just forget the consoles that are actually getting high quality 1st, 2nd AND 3rd party support?

Can I quote you and use in my sig? Within a year, not much, that statement will be in the same category as:

I wouldn't be too sure about that one. It has been said for 2 years now and counting. No change as far as I see.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

One_touch_KO said:

At some point last gen, people stoped to fight about console wars, and throwing out titles, PS2 was the dominant, no more talk about Gamecube or Xbox, period.

When will it happen IF happens this gen?

My bet is going to 2010, the Wii will be massified, it will define this gen. Will become the nº1 platform for developers just like DS is now and PSP is almost dead for thirds.

(Today's news of Dragon Quest X exclusive for Wii is the proof and just the beggining)

Wii has not yet taken 50% marketshare. Last generation, Gamecube and Xbox combines to fight for 30-35% of the market. the 360 has 30% by itself. Despite the popularity of the Wii, it will never capture the marketshare PS2 had. And while it's share is still creeping up, it's likely to end at slightly less than it's current share, not more. I'd guess around 45% when all is said and done.

disolitude said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
disolitude said:

Funny prediction. Wii is almost already forgotten by the gaming media and hardcore crowd due to lack of high profile games. Hardcore crowd is the ones that talk about games btw...  All of a sudden those people will remember it in 2010?

Yes, once the Conduit 2 comes out...media and people are gonna go bannanas for the Wii and forget the other 2 consoles they have been talking about for the last 5 years.

try predicting again as this prediction won't work out well for you.

no, the Wii is still hugely discussed. it's only forgotton by M$ and Sony fanboys that don't want to remember it.

Maybe in your friend circles...but go to any major gaming publication or site. Other than the nintendo sponsored ones you wont see too many wii headlines or covers, or front pages.

I dunno... my whole campus, all 15k-ish, talk about the Wii the most with only the very few limited hardcores who talk about the PS3 and the 360 the most. I know it's kinda sad but it's a technical school if that helps explain the prevalence of video games on campus.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Based on the fact that before the release of Halo3, people were still playing Halo 2 daily tells you that people didn't forget about the Halo franchise, and seeing as how almost every big franchise (omg, people better not start saying "but wii has DQ!".. we know already...) is on the HD systems, I doubt the Wii will be the mass murderer the PS2 was.

Jereel Hunter said:
One_touch_KO said:

At some point last gen, people stoped to fight about console wars, and throwing out titles, PS2 was the dominant, no more talk about Gamecube or Xbox, period.

When will it happen IF happens this gen?

My bet is going to 2010, the Wii will be massified, it will define this gen. Will become the nº1 platform for developers just like DS is now and PSP is almost dead for thirds.

(Today's news of Dragon Quest X exclusive for Wii is the proof and just the beggining)

Wii has not yet taken 50% marketshare. Last generation, Gamecube and Xbox combines to fight for 30-35% of the market. the 360 has 30% by itself. Despite the popularity of the Wii, it will never capture the marketshare PS2 had. And while it's share is still creeping up, it's likely to end at slightly less than it's current share, not more. I'd guess around 45% when all is said and done.

Meh, I agree with your first bit, but don't really get how people can still believe that last part.

Are you one that believes the PS3 will make a miracle comeback, or one that thinks the Wii will soon plunge in sales? At least one must be true if we take the current momentum into account.

All this because of the DQX announcement ??? The dq series is only popular in Japan just like the monster hunter series so they , naturally , went the wii/DS way.

99% of big japanese franchises and .....100% of western franchises are and will be 360/PS3 .I somehow doubt that the people that have made the wii a sales' phenomenon even care about them .

I guess nintendo fanboys can always hope ......

Tremble said:
Gné Oo? Who forgot halo and WW? No really, I guess people will remember the games I was talking about and forget zack and wiki, wii sports, wii music and all the others.

Man you must be fronting. Wii Sports has defined the generation. It will be remembered longer than any other games released this console cycle.

Of course there was people playing Halo 2. Being forgotten means: "Xbox had Halo series. OK. Now lemme check what's new about PS2 since it stills alive and Xbox is dead already"