By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help from PS3 owners..Can I get a review from you guys on the PS3?

The biggest problem with a Playstation console for me personally is I always have to wait close to a year before the great games hit.Once 10 months pass I get swamped with great games.

Playstation has always offered me amazing games,whether they be exclusive,timed exclusive,and multiplatform.SONY makes sure every damn genre gets covered for every type of gamer.New IPs is also very important.

The PS3 won't be any different than PS1 and PS2.Lack of games now,but they will arrive this holiday.Any Playstation fan can tell you the mass of quality titles that hit every year(lol except the first year)covering every genre can get overwhelming at times.I enjoyed my other systems,but there were just so few great titles year after year.

An example be the N64.That system had some of the greatest titles I ever played.The problem was there was just too few of them.These are the amount of games I owned for each system.
SNES 28
N64 8
PS1 21
PS2 46
Gamecube 4
Xbox 2.
PS3 already has 30 games I want in 2 years ;)

Around the Network

If your buying now, get it with Resistance Motorstorm. In the next 30 days you have Graw Warhawk Lair Heavenly.

Bet console you can get, most powerfull one and the one with the best line up of new and proven ips.

What is graw?

EDIT: And what do homosexuals have to do with anything? :P

posting problem... edit came in a new post

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
senatorpjt said:

If you don't have a HD set, or have one under 40", you might look into getting a Wii. If you have a larger set, the Wii graphics will be pretty disappointing (I know I'm going to get complaints about this one. Yes, I have a Wii. Yes, I have the component cables. I also watch SD channels, but it doesn't mean they don't look pretty lame compared to the HD channels.)

Because I have a LCD TV HD Ready (a Sony Bravia) and is only 26" I should just stick with my WII is what you're generally applying? WII GFX can look like crap on a smaller LCD TV as well.

Now we're asking questions I've got at first one of my own. My PS2 is dead, a Japanese version and since I'm planning to buy a PS3 from Japan anyway in the nearby future... I'd like to hear from you guys how are the upscale upgrades?

With regards to 720p Vs 1080p if your TV is less than 42" you shouldn't be able to tell the difference (unless you sit within 5' of it or have superman's eyes). A 26" HD screen will look better than a SD screen though. So a PS3/360 game wich is normally 720/1080p should look better than the Wii games , which are max 480p.

Upscaling DVD and enhanced audio on the PS3 are very nice but you should still notice a difference if you put in a BD r SACD (SACD depends on AMP). The only problem you might have is if your TV is an early 1080p model, in which case the PS3 might end up downscaling everything to 480p. I don't think the Bravia has this problem though.

rubido said:

What is graw?

EDIT: And what do homosexuals have to do with anything? :P

I think he meant 30 days ..... or at least I hope

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

senatorpjt said:

Speaking of which. I have a 61" DLP, and when playing the Wii, people (especially drunk people) still seem to feel the need to stand two feet away from the screen while swinging around the (very heavy) Wiimote in Bowling. I've had to put tape on the floor and tell people "DO NOT GO IN FRONT OF THE LINE"

@akuma: The new PS3 is backward compatible. It's just not 100% like with the "integrated" PS2 in the older versions.

No kidding, I'd be freaking out if people get close to my TV, swinging anything... I don't even like them touching it or the remotes ;)

on topic, I have absolutely loved my PS3. It was very frustrting at first do to the lack of software(got mine in january) but not a problem now. Don't forget Ninja Gaiden Sigma just came out, very cool and HARD. Rainbow Six and Oblivion are very good as well(I'm assuming you do not have a 360) Also, the $10 d/lable games are pretty good too, especially Calling All Cars and Super Stardust HD.

I would have to recommend having an HDTV to get everything you can out of it, but you can certainly use it on a SD set just fine till you can afford to upgrade.

It's looking better and better here on out!!!

DonWii said:
Andir said:
DonWii said:
It seems that BR movies do not downscale to 720p. If you don't have 1080p, they drop down to 480p by default.

That's funny, on my 52" Hitachi (480i/480p/540p/720p/1080i) TV I watch all my movies in either 720p or 1080i. Whichever I feel like setting the PS3 at.

Nice find. But I guess you missed two posts below me were akuma already pointed that out. Did you only read three posts before deciding to chime in?

Actually, I did stop reading there, but I felt the need to kill that lie real quick... and I replied without reading further.  Just because your upset at being corrected three times doesn't mean you can jump all over me.  You didn't jump all over ckmlb because he corrected you after akuma... so don't even start with me.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Sony's firmware updates are nice. I thought they were quite fast in solving all the complaints they had at launch. Did they solve everything already?