By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shock!: Monster Hunter 3 coming to PSP (Rumor)

Anyone want to actually post the comment in question?

"According to a rough translation of a Chinese site, a Capcom Official said in a recent interview that they have not yet decided if "Monster Hunter 3" will be a Wii exclusive. The site rumors that a portable version of "Monster Hunter 3" for the PSP is likely to exist."

In other words, if a PSP version will come - work has NOT started on it, and they may well be waiting to see how the Wii version sells.

Unless the official is lying about the "not yet decided" comment (and if you don't believe that, why believe any of it?).

It wouldn't be too hard to upgrade MH2 code for the PSP to something like MH3 - and its guaranteed easy sales. Maybe Xmas '09 for the PSP one.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@DmesiterJ

sorry but apart from the Wii-tards bit dabaus is completely correct

No

No he isn't

Yes

Yes he is.

as it was really the online "big" 3rd party wii title....care to name any others.

Apart from that it was just...."next E3 3rd party's will come to wii"........very similar to crazzyman's "X game will make Ps3 kill A & B console".

He just put it bluntly & in a mean way.

He said that this game was touted as the one that would convince other third parties about how awesome the Wii can be.

That's not the case. It's used as a shining example of how much Capcom supports the Wii. Nothing more.

DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
Hmm well from the looks of it, still seems that it would be a Wii exclusive for awhile. And the whole PSP thing is an assumption. More realistically this should be Rumor: MH3 maybe not a Wii exclusive? But of course journalism is so bad nowadays it's not surprising assumption would take place.

But a port of MH3, or Monster Hunter Freedom 3 on PSP would not be that surprising but I doubt it would take away from MH3 on Wii.

D'you mean the title of my thread should read "Rumor: MH3 may not be a Wii exclusive?".

Why, prayetll?

We all know that Monster Hunter Freedom 3 is coming to PSP. I don't see how it couldn't given the huge success and fanbase it has on the system. It'd be like asking not to sell an additional 2 million copies of a game.

Yes I'd say that Monster Hunger Freedom 3 on PSP would be more than likely but of course still not good journalism.  And I wasn't talking about you but the article.  You just copied it I assume.

Anyways another PSP MH game is going to eventually happen but whether or not it'll coincide with the Wii version or even be a port it yet to be seen.  From what I get out of this, they are thinking about between other consoles such as PS2, 360, or PS3 rather than PSP or DS.  That realm would have more along the lines of the MHF portion of the series.

But yea Capcom would of course want to maximize sales but that's where Freedom comes in not necessarily the MH portion.  I think they'll wait to see how the Wii version starts off and then start discussing possible versions thereof.  But from the looks of it, I think Capcom will be pretty happy with the Wii version's sales.

Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
Hmm well from the looks of it, still seems that it would be a Wii exclusive for awhile. And the whole PSP thing is an assumption. More realistically this should be Rumor: MH3 maybe not a Wii exclusive? But of course journalism is so bad nowadays it's not surprising assumption would take place.

But a port of MH3, or Monster Hunter Freedom 3 on PSP would not be that surprising but I doubt it would take away from MH3 on Wii.

D'you mean the title of my thread should read "Rumor: MH3 may not be a Wii exclusive?".

Why, prayetll?

We all know that Monster Hunter Freedom 3 is coming to PSP. I don't see how it couldn't given the huge success and fanbase it has on the system. It'd be like asking not to sell an additional 2 million copies of a game.

Yes I'd say that Monster Hunger Freedom 3 on PSP would be more than likely but of course still not good journalism.  And I wasn't talking about you but the article.  You just copied it I assume.

Anyways another PSP MH game is going to eventually happen but whether or not it'll coincide with the Wii version or even be a port it yet to be seen.  From what I get out of this, they are thinking about between other consoles such as PS2, 360, or PS3 rather than PSP or DS.  That realm would have more along the lines of the MHF portion of the series.

But yea Capcom would of course want to maximize sales but that's where Freedom comes in not necessarily the MH portion.  I think they'll wait to see how the Wii version starts off and then start discussing possible versions thereof.  But from the looks of it, I think Capcom will be pretty happy with the Wii version's sales.

I mean, even if Monster Hunter Freedom 3 isn't a port of Montst Hunter 3, to believe another portable entry into the MH franchise seems crazy to believe.

We're talking of the translation of unnamed Chinese site. I don't think it qualifies as a rumor.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
Wait this is the same group of people who complained about MGS4-360 rumours. Anyone else find that funny.

Err...  This is tons different.

One is a rumour that has refused to die even in the face of the game creator and publisher stating that this wasn't the case (MGS4).  The other is a game whose popularity is owed to the platfrom (PSP) and which has received ports of the other console games in the series (MHP, MHP2 and MHP2G are MH, MH2, and MHG respectively).  This rumor has just started up while the MGS rumor has been around for years now. 

Tons of difference.

To me, a rumour is a rumour. Sugar coating it does not change the fact that is rumour. Also while people know it is rumour they act like it is fact.

If I believed in rumours I would haven't got 360 because Ace Combat 6 was rumoured to go ps3 and I know how that ended.

So I can't post rumor threads anymore?

Who is sugarcoating it?  This is fact.  The other 3 in the series have gotten PSP ports, this one will too.  I thought this was common knowledge.

And what does you believing rumors have to do with this thread?

No, people can post rumours, but some of the posts prove people are going to act like it is fact already. You seem like one of them truth be told.

Sugarcoating means that you are trying to justify the rumour.

Last question I can't really justify my reasoning I guess.

But this is exactly like the ace combat 6 rumour. Just ace combat 6 rumour had a better source and was actually "confirmed" by PSM3 for 2008, but than again no one followed the ace combat rumour besides ace combat fans.

Yes, I do act like this is fact already, because it is.

The precedent is there, the userbase is there, the dollar signs are there, and it's Capcom.  Multi-plat is their middle name.

Just because a motive exists, it doesn't mean it will happen. It is still a rumour, a fact means it is confirmed signed and sealed and soon to be delievered.

Also as much as I wouldn't put it past capcom to port the game to psp. My original statement still stands, it is kinda funny how people jump on to rumours and treat them like fact.

DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:

Why, prayetll?

Yes I'd say that Monster Hunger Freedom 3 on PSP would be more than likely but of course still not good journalism. And I wasn't talking about you but the article. You just copied it I assume.

Anyways another PSP MH game is going to eventually happen but whether or not it'll coincide with the Wii version or even be a port it yet to be seen. From what I get out of this, they are thinking about between other consoles such as PS2, 360, or PS3 rather than PSP or DS. That realm would have more along the lines of the MHF portion of the series.

But yea Capcom would of course want to maximize sales but that's where Freedom comes in not necessarily the MH portion. I think they'll wait to see how the Wii version starts off and then start discussing possible versions thereof. But from the looks of it, I think Capcom will be pretty happy with the Wii version's sales.

I mean, even if Monster Hunter Freedom 3 isn't a port of Montst Hunter 3, to believe another portable entry into the MH franchise seems crazy to believe.

Well I guess it would just depend how much resources they would have to put another version on there.  But I doubt two MH titles on PSP within a year would be a smart decision considering how long they sell for.  I think we can expect Monster Hunter 3 to launch exclusively on Wii with a PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 3 to launch within 6 months to a year from that.  Now whether MH3 will go somehwere else is really goign to be determined by how the Wii version does and possible Nintendo intervention.

If I had a fanbase on a system which has sold 5+ million I would not ignore it, would you?

That should answer anyone's questions on this game going on PSP. PS3 and 360 an absolute no no, cost too much more for a lot less sales.

Acevil said:

Wait this is the same group of people who complained about MGS4-360 rumours. Anyone else find that funny.

Well I leave the sony fans to believing rumours.

not quite the same situation

Here the series in question has been on the PSP prior and seen big success

Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:

Why, prayetll?

Yes I'd say that Monster Hunger Freedom 3 on PSP would be more than likely but of course still not good journalism. And I wasn't talking about you but the article. You just copied it I assume.

Anyways another PSP MH game is going to eventually happen but whether or not it'll coincide with the Wii version or even be a port it yet to be seen. From what I get out of this, they are thinking about between other consoles such as PS2, 360, or PS3 rather than PSP or DS. That realm would have more along the lines of the MHF portion of the series.

But yea Capcom would of course want to maximize sales but that's where Freedom comes in not necessarily the MH portion. I think they'll wait to see how the Wii version starts off and then start discussing possible versions thereof. But from the looks of it, I think Capcom will be pretty happy with the Wii version's sales.

Well I guess it would just depend how much resources they would have to put another version on there.  But I doubt two MH titles on PSP within a year would be a smart decision considering how long they sell for.  I think we can expect Monster Hunter 3 to launch exclusively on Wii with a PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 3 to launch within 6 months to a year from that.  Now whether MH3 will go somehwere else is really goign to be determined by how the Wii version does and possible Nintendo intervention.

MHP2G came out in 2008, so MHP3 in 2009 wouldn't be too unlikely next year.