By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: The decision of MH3 Wii-exclusivity is not yet final yet

RUMOR: Shocker - Monster Hunter 3 may go to other platforms?

“the decision of Monster Hunter 3’s Wii-exclusivity is not yet final.” - Capcom rep, quoted from a Chinese gaming mag

I cannot confirm that the underlined portion of the image above translates to the English statement I just presented. This is the news that is floating around right now, but I am keeping it marked rumor. If anyone could translate/confirm, please leave a comment or shoot me an email.

Link

http://gonintendo.com/?p=65707

Around the Network

Of course this is not an exclusive! It will be released on psp cause on wii, it will be a semi flop!

I second the PSP thoughts. I hope it stays Wii exclusive, but I'd bet this means a Wii/PSP release.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I could see some sort of PSP spinoff or possibly a PS2 version, but it won't go to the HD platforms since they moved it to the Wii specifically to avoid those expenses and those smaller user bases.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

It would make sense that it would go to other platforms, since capcom is focusing on a multiplatform strategy

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Is anyone really surprised? Capcom has never been the type of company that keeps a game exclusive to a console. Even their downloadable titles are released across multiple platforms . They just love to whore the hell out of their games.

yes! let it be on the PS3 please!!

Capcom!! Considering how games have sold in japan this gen, its no mistery, ps3 is the most likely IMO. They already have at least the engine ready since the game was started there and also they got the fanbase from ps2.

thekitchensink said:
I could see some sort of PSP spinoff or possibly a PS2 version, but it won't go to the HD platforms since they moved it to the Wii specifically to avoid those expenses and those smaller user bases.

Their not so small anymore

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
thekitchensink said:

Their not so small anymore

They are in Japan, where this game will (mostly) sell.  Yes, they're planning on marketting this one toward Western audiences more, but Wii still trumps them even there.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

ps2 and psp version is possible or later 360 'n ps3 version