By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Blox Ads

theRepublic said:
famousringo said:
theRepublic said:
A sequel is already announced.

I believe it's rumoured, not announced. Unless EA put out some press releases when I wasn't looking.

Here's the article.

The Blueprint model is also being used on a previously undisclosed, but none-too-surprising, project: "Boom Blox 2." (not the official title) Apparently work is already underway on a sequel to the spring's innovative Wii puzzle game, which got very good reviews (especially from me) and and sold decently, last we heard. But whie development is being led out of EALA, where the first "Boom Blox" was made, people are working on it together from all over the world. "Everybody is integrated, regardless of whether they're in the same physical location," explained the ex-Blueprinter. "It's truly the spirit of what Blueprint was going to be."

That seems to be fairly specific for a rumor, so I think we will see Boom Blox 2.  However, I think you are right, no official announcment from EA.

Sorry to split hairs with you, it's just that even if the rumour is true, it doesn't necessarily mean that Boom Blox 2 will ever be released. Projects are axed before release all the time, and a project which hasn't been announced is far more vulnerable than one which has been announced. EA is in upheaval right now, and despite the success of Boom Blox, there's no telling what projects might be casualties of EA's restructuring.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Good point. I still think we will see it though. :)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)