By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA cutting more jobs, issues warnings of lower sales and profit

NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Is NPD counting Wii sports/play?

I don't think so, not Wii Sports at least. At least Wii Sports never appears in NPD's charts

So I guess that 66% figure is pretty accurate.

Why? I didn't really understand your former argument, and I understand it even less when you say the same thing based on a different assumption (Wii Sports not being counted as opposed to being counted).

Why? Because that chart is NPD numbers which is not counting wii sports or those top selling wii titles released after that. That guy from EA is most likely using current WW-numbers which include wii sports.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:

Why? Because that chart is NPD numbers which is not counting wii sports or those top selling wii titles released after that. That guy from EA is most likely using current WW-numbers which include wii sports.

Did you read this post?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Did you read this post?

Yeah, I see someone who owns a wii making some kind of weird assumptions which aren't based on any real figures. Oh, except shipped figures from nintendo! VGC tracks sales from retailer to customer, please remember that. ;)

But... but... VGC undertracking.. Pfft. :P

Esa-Petteri said:
NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Did you read this post?

Yeah, I see someone who owns a wii making some kind of weird assumptions which aren't based on any real figures. Oh, except shipped figures from nintendo! VGC tracks sales from retailer to customer, please remember that. ;)

Nintendo used to require retailers to report sellthrough back to them as a conditional for stocking their products. That they would be in the know is not exactly far-fetched, though it is not clear if that particular policy is still in place.

And yes, VGChartz undertracks software constantly. It can't be helped. Some of the data just isn't there for ioi to get his hands on.

Esa-Petteri said:
NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Did you read this post?

OK, now it's clear you're just trying to prove your argument without making an effort to see whether it's right or not. Even without that assumption you mentioned, Wii 3rd party sales are still 45% at least, which is pretty far from the 33% you believe.

I just don't see any reasonable way for that 33% figure to be correct. If you do, at least post your calculations like other people did.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Did you read this post?

OK, now it's clear you're just trying to prove your argument without making an effort to see whether it's right or not. Even without that assumption you mentioned, Wii 3rd party sales are still 45% at least, which is pretty far from the 33% you believe.

I just don't see any reasonable way for that 33% figure to be correct. If you do, at least post your calculations like other people did.

Well using the numbers from this site, I got a 60% figure. So ok, it is not 66%. It is just 60%. :)

edit:

Looks like I missed some game, since I got 120 millions and guy posting after me got 126 millions. Oh well. 62% then.

Total Nintendo Published Wii Software (VG data - including Wii Sports): 125.89 million units

Total Wii Software (VG data - including Wii Sports): 202.69 million

Percent Nintendo Published software (including Wii Sports): 62.11%

Total Nintendo Published Wii Software (VG data - excluding Wii Sports): 90.91 million units

Total Wii Software (VG data - excluding Wii Sports): 167.71 million

Percent Nintendo Published software (excluding Wii Sports): 54.21%

(This analysis assumes that Wii Sports is included in the software totals on the Worldwide Weekly Chart)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Esa-Petteri said:

Well using the numbers from this site, I got a 60% figure. So ok, it is not 66%. It is just 60%. :)

edit:

Looks like I missed some game, since I got 120 millions and guy posting after me got 126 millions. Oh well. 62% then.

It seems I have to ask again what your calculation is... I looked at all the pages in this thread and I don't see anything leading to 60%, or 62. I don't even see any calculation from you. At least explain how you got to that number.

NJ5 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

edit:

It seems I have to ask again what your calculation is... I looked at all the pages in this thread and I don't see anything leading to 60%, or 62. I don't even see any calculation from you. At least explain how you got to that number.

Am I invisible?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I was wondering the same thing, Republic