By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've played my entire back library - now what?

noname2200 said:
Soleron said:
"F-Zero GX"

Can't find it. I DID look for it, but nowhere ever has it.

Oh, and if you can't get GX, X is a great substitute (it's on VC). Some folks actually prefer it over GX. I think they're crazy, though.

It is because they are crazy.

But GX may not be good to recommend to Soleron. It's easily the hardest game fro mthe last generation, and that's coming from someone who can curbstop Ninja Gaiden Black, God Hand, and Devil May Cry 3. And Panzer Dragoon Orta.

It is hard recommending games to someone with such a specific (even narrow) set of tastes!

@Soleron: ...Y-you didn't like F-Zero X?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Soleron said:

"Donkey Kong Country 2"

What is DKC like?

It's a 2-D platformer series, along the lines of Mario but with its own unique flavor. It's part of what made Rareware RARE, back in the day. (I miss that Rare...).

Here's a youtube video of one level, that has links to others. See if it's for you. I highly recommend it. Not the greatest game ever, but it is a fantastic platformer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDQhp3lOBc

...wow. That was an SNES game? That was amazing - great music and graphics, and the gameplay looked very well designed. I'll get it for VC.

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
Soleron said:
"F-Zero GX"

Can't find it. I DID look for it, but nowhere ever has it.

Oh, and if you can't get GX, X is a great substitute (it's on VC). Some folks actually prefer it over GX. I think they're crazy, though.

It is because they are crazy.

But GX may not be good to recommend to Soleron. It's easily the hardest game fro mthe last generation, and that's coming from someone who can curbstop Ninja Gaiden Black, God Hand, and Devil May Cry 3. And Panzer Dragoon Orta.

It is hard recommending games to someone with such a specific (even narrow) set of tastes!

@Soleron: ...Y-you didn't like F-Zero X?

...no? The concept was good (that's why I'd like to try GX), but the game looked bad and one race was identical to the next. I liked F-Zero Maximum Velocity for the GBA though; I think that's more representative of F-Zero than X.

And, yes, I admit to having narrow tastes. It's not my fault - very few game developers make good enough games!

Soleron I want you to do me a favor

Do you think you could expand more on your collection? So I can see the kind of games you have and didn't like.

Castlevania on Wii is a fighting game, not like metroid at all. Castlevania on the DS is a bit like the classic metroid with an open world, 2D exploring and as you advance you can explore more portions of the map. Instead of shooting you have a whip and some secondary weapons and spells.

It's pretty entertaining. Even the GBA castlevanias where pretty good. you should try one.

Around the Network

Good God it's a riot of Nintendo games

I don't feel like recommending anything but here is my backlog:

Star Fox Adventures (have had it for 2 and a half years)
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (have had it for a year)
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (a year as well, got it brand new)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (3 years)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (3 years)
F-Zero GX (3 1/2 years)
Super Mario Sunshine (3 1/2 years)
GTA: San Andreas for PC (had for 6 months)
Breath of Fire I for GBA (2 years I think)
Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA (3 1/2 years)
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (4 years) [finished FF1 but didn't get into FF2]
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (2 years)

I think that's everything.

Khuutra said:

Do you think you could expand more on your collection? So I can see the kind of games you have and didn't like.

Done. Every game I have ever owned is now in my profile. You can see the Nintendo problem is worse than you thought.

Soleron said:
Khuutra said:

Done. Every game I have ever owned is now in my profile. You can see the Nintendo problem is worse than you thought.

Yes it is.

With this information, I can help you. But ou have to level with me:

Are you willing to expand outside of Nintendo games if the rewards are rich and bountiful?

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:
Khuutra said:

Yes it is.

With this information, I can help you. But ou have to level with me:

Are you willing to expand outside of Nintendo games if the rewards are rich and bountiful?

Lol. The answer is yes. I'm not obsessed; I've just had no experience with non-Nintendo games.