By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

Football is the name given to a number of different team sports. The most popular of these world-wide is association football (also known as soccer). The English word "football" is also applied to American football (also known as gridiron)

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
RolStoppable said:

2) Don't insult the dutch.

Oh yes he can do it about the Belgians?  But if someone do it about the Dutch then it is a problem?  Sigh...

Ehm, for your information, it was just a joke, I'm not insulting Belgians...it's just the normal thing. Dutch people call Belgians stupid, Belgian people call Dutch people stingy and arrogant. Really it's no big deal, as long as we remember it's just a load of.....you know what I mean

Sander said:
konnichiwa said:
RolStoppable said:

2) Don't insult the dutch.

Oh yes he can do it about the Belgians?  But if someone do it about the Dutch then it is a problem?  Sigh...

Ehm, for your information, it was just a joke, I'm not insulting Belgians...it's just the normal thing. Dutch people call Belgians stupid, Belgian people call Dutch people stingy and arrogant. Really it's no big deal, as long as we remember it's just a load of.....you know what I mean

I don't know what you mean, I live now for almost ten years in Antwerp(en).

The city haves a lot of inhabitants who moved from a city in The Netherlands to Antwerp(en).

Never heard them offending a Belgian or even a Belgian offending a Dutch.

Do you know that people like you are the reason that Dutch citizens moved to Antwerp(en) ?

Nah you don't get from me a nice welcome.

Pity that not all the Dutch are like Onnagirl.

Well, excuse me, than I guess you haven't heard much. Part of my family is Belgian, and they crack jokes all the time. I'm not going to discuss things further, I see no point.  Just one last thing, why are so many Dutch people living in Belgium (Antwerpen, Lanaken to name a few)? Too easy, lower taxes and lower housing costs. But, let's leave it at that, if you're not prepared te converse normally, too bad.

Sander said:

Well, excuse me, than I guess you haven't heard much. Part of my family is Belgian, and they crack jokes all the time. I'm not going to discuss things further, I see no point.  Just one last thing, why are so many Dutch people living in Belgium (Antwerpen, Lanaken to name a few)? Too easy, lower taxes and lower housing costs. But, let's leave it at that, if you're not prepared te converse normally, too bad.

If you register on a forum just to insulting people on their nationality and wants to talk about football/soccer( whatever)  You should find this forum a nice place for you:

http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/index.php

Around the Network

Well, that's why I wanted to put an end to it RolStoppable, but hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'm not going to make a fuss out of it.

By the way are there more people here from "little european countries"? You are Austrian if I remember correctly, and a Swiss member. Belgium also I guess. What about Ireland, Luxemburg, Scandinavian countries etc. Could be quite interesting. The only countries you'll ever read about are USA, Japan, UK, Germany France etc...Perhaps it'll lead to a bit more perspective, because if you look internationally Europe is (almost) always presented as equal to the UK. At least when videogames are concerned.

what was going on here while I was away???!!!

Anyway, I'm back now, and I still wonder how Zurich managed to beat Empoli...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Are you typing on an english keyboard now?

No, I just wrote Zürich without the dots because I thought that it is easier to read for the international guests in this great thread

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Oh no, I see RolStoppable has revealed my secret Dutch identity

Btw, I don't want to go through all the pages, but is this thread still about football?

RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Are you typing on an english keyboard now?

No, I just wrote Zürich without the dots because I thought that it is easier to read for the international guests in this great thread

Stuff like that leads to the misspelling of words like über and doppelgänger.

Seriously, it's not knuffig at all to say "uber".

I agree that it should be über, but since english speakers don´t have an ü (poor them) uber is ok IMO, besides the word uber has been established in the english language since Nietzsches Übermensch, which in english is pronounced "ubermensch", ever since that it has been ok to say things like: "That is ubercool" or "Brawl will be the ubergame."

I know how stupid it may sound for german speakers but I say lets cut them some slack and let them use their version, besides they are missing important words like schadenfreude and doppelgänger.