By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

Well Australia has done well for itself in the record books... despite being in two world cups and 7 world cup matches, including making it to the knockout round, we have only ever been in the lead for about 5 minutes total in world cup history...

Although Switzerland also were interesting, they managed to get knocked out of the World cup without conceding a single goal...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

That really is impressive omgwtfbbq, Australia seems to be the team of late scoring and draws! But I guess they would also lead in the statistic "who marks the most goals in qualifying games, yet fails to qualify for a worldcup most of the times"

For Switzerland, our team should learn from WC 2006 that trying to win games only by not getting any goals leads to nowhere...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

that's not bad either.

Now the next step would be to reach the quarter final without scoring a goal

stof said:
So I hear that Toronto FC has set a new record for games played without a single goal scored...

Feels good to hit the record books.

Glad we were able to help you set the mark!   You all should be proud, first year and you are already the second-best fans in MLS behind us.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Looks like Switzerland vs. Austria is 0:0 after the Champions League qualification games since neither Zürich nor Salzburg managed to go on to the next round. At least there must be two winners tomorrow

Around the Network

Yeah, and one would think that winning 1:0 at home and scoring the first goal in the second game should reach...

I am quite pleased that Zürich has failed to win against Besiktas, since Basel and Zürich is like Dortmund and Schalke in Germany: we would rather see our team losing instead of the other one winning. But it is bad anyway, since Switzerland loses important points for the UEFA ranking. And the worst thing is, if Basel could have played the Qualification, they would have been seated and would have had a much easier opponent than Besiktas.

I think it would be fair if no country would have more than three teams in the champions league, but I don't think that limiting it even more would be a good idea.

You also have to remember that there are two UEFA rankings, one is for the countries and the other one is for clubs. The one for the countries decides how many teams can go to the cups and in which round they can start, while the one for the clubs decides if they are seated or unseated.

That means that if a club from a smaller country has collected the needed points, it can even be easier for them to qualify for the champions league than for teams from big countries. That is why a relatively weak team like Rosenborg Trondheim was able to qualify for the CL several years in a row.

I start feeling a little sorry for Mattersburg. Only a tiny, little bit of course, but I do.

Yeah the austrian teams screwed it. But you still have as much teams in the UEFA Cup as we do, so you don't have to complain.

Knowing that Zürich has to play against Emoli and Sion against Galatasaray leaves me delusional about an improvement in the UEFA ranking. Basel will, again, be the only team to reach the group phase (They have to play against Sarajevo).

Yeah it was Empoli I wanted to write, the p got lost