By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

Are you actually living in the mountains or have you just been called so because you're coming from austria?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

As long as the description fits it doesn't matter why it was added, so you're lucky. I as a swiss am also often called a mountainer altough I live about an hour in the car away from the mountains.

On another note, are you still interested in bets for the UEFA-Cup games? Because now would be the time to place them.

RolStoppable said:
I thought so. This fits to the swiss way of life, avoid confrontation. Switzerland was not involved in any war since what, 1814?

I thought only the Americans made mistakes between Sweden and Switzerland...seems like the Australians also have problems  

ehm, MFatso, I think you're the one that confused something. I think you should read the whole thread to find out what your mistake is.

and @topic (I mean the one that is in the headline, not football... honestly, I didn't expect that I would write that again in that thread): The newspaper that announced last week that the wii has almost sold 150k units in switzerland published today a weekly hardware top five. They publish a top five every day, sometimes also with games, but this is the first time that I see them listing hardware, and what makes it even more interesting is that they give numbers, so here I go:

1. Nintendo DS 2280 units
2. Nintendo Wii 602 units
3. Playstation 2 510 units
4. PSP 242 units
5. Xbox 360 224 units
6. Playstation 3 208 units

source: heute, and they have it from www.siea.ch this site tracks game sales in switzerland, but the only thing they publish are weekly software top ten, without numbers and seperated per console.

Looking at these numbers, the DS's performance is quite good for a small country like switzerland. Also, we have to consider that it was probably a slow week, because at this rate, it would have taken the wii 250 weeks to sell 150k.

Around the Network

oh right, I confused that. this means that at the current sales ratio, the wii would have needed 83 weeks to sell that many units. so this week wasn't so slow after all, considering that a major part of those 50k probably have been sold before christmas last year.

Yeah I totally agree with you, but the 360 and the PS3 are so close to each other that this probably changes from week to week.

yeah that would be really interesting to compare. Is there a company that tracks game sales in austria as that siea in switzerland?

good luck with your search then

yes, it seems like