By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 ZOOMS PAST MGS3 in North America!

Congratz MGS franchise.

Around the Network

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

outlawauron said:
This'll help make up for lower sales in Japan.

Yeah, it's about 200k lower in JP than MGS3, but America could easily make that up.

It looks like MGS4 will stop the downward trend in sales the series has had.

I wanted to add, you have to take account the bundles. Bundles did play a part in this, like it or not.

Acevil said:
I wanted to add, you have to take account the bundles. Bundles did play a part in this, like it or not.

This isn't like wii sports or uncharted or some other game that comes with your system no matter what. This was a limited time bundle that only saw 100,000 or less units made I believe and sold out instantly everywhere. Those people obviously were wanting the mgs4. So those copies of MGS4 would have been sold either way. I guarantee you this game would have seen the same sales as it has. This wasn't a bundling situation like most other games.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 3 was a better game though....*sniff*

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

It's the moustache. People dig the Chuck Norris-like moustache. Same reason Mario games sell so well.

DMeisterJ said:
outlawauron said:
This'll help make up for lower sales in Japan.

Yeah, it's about 200k lower in JP than MGS3, but America could easily make that up.

It looks like MGS4 will stop the downward trend in sales the series has had.

MGS3 LTD in Japan won't change which mean the diffrence will come down to at least 130k with 730k MGS4 shipped.

Great series, Great console, Great Future together :)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

oh men i wish i had a ps3